Davis is Queen, Gines Named King of Rain-Delayed Homecoming 2015

HOMECOMING COURT ROYALTY -- Seniors Delisha Davis and Matthew Gines take home the crown at Homecoming.

HOMECOMING COURT ROYALTY — Seniors Delisha Davis and Matthew Gines take home the crown at Homecoming.

Savannah Smith, Assistant Editor

Central High School has many annual traditions, one of which is Homecoming. The event was rescheduled from October 2 to October 16 due to inclement weather. Friday, October 16, the Homecoming festivities finally took place, including the announcement of the 2015 Homecoming King and Queen. The students on the court for Homecoming King included Peyton Eddy, Matthew Gines, Tanner Mowery, Terrance Tumlin, and James Walker. The candidates for Homecoming Queen were Samantha Scott, Lexie Ainslie, Emma Beach, Delisha Davis, Skyler Dill, Brooke Mathews, Katy Pollock, and Samantha Scott.

“I’ve always wanted to be on court since I was in 9th grade, and it was an honor to be a part of [it],” shared Homecoming Queen, Delisha Davis.

After hundreds of votes from the upper classmen, the candidates finally found out the results while standing under the football field lights. The winners for the 2015 Homecoming King and Queen were Matthew Gines and Delisha Davis. Both candidates were in shock and were very thrilled that they had won.

“I didn’t even think I would win, in all honesty. I was in total shock when they called my name, and I was so happy, too. It didn’t even hit me that I won [until] I got off of the field and all of my friends and family were congratulating me for the win. It was a huge honor,” said Matthew Gines.

“When I won, I completely forgot what to do [because] I was so nervous! I was happy with the end result,” exclaimed Davis.

The Central Digest is very excited for these two outstanding students and congratulates them on their achievement. The tradition of Homecoming is one of the many things that has made Central the wonderful school that it is, and we hope that it will continue for years to come.