Central Alumni Aids in the Purchase of New Trophy Cases to Display Central’s Awards

NEW TROPHY CASES -- After an impressive amount of outstanding awards, Central receives new cases to display achievements.

Eleanor Simmons

NEW TROPHY CASES — After an impressive amount of outstanding awards, Central receives new cases to display achievements.

Eleanor Simmons, Staff Writer

Since Chattanooga Central High School first opened its doors for the first time, the school has received hundreds of trophies and awards, with more and more being added ever year.

This school year, Central received seven new trophy cases to place the awards and trophies in. Principal Finley King recently went to an 40th reunion alumni meeting, informing them about the good things happening at Central. Mr. King mentioned to them about some of the things our school lacks, like the trophy cases. With so many trophies and not enough room to show them off, the alumni group was happy to help.

“One of the things I proceeded to talk to them about was our lack of trophy cases and I embraced the fact, if we continue to win more trophies, we are going to need more cases to put them in,” explained King.

The alumni association that has been visiting our school since 1976 thought long and hard about the school’s needs and decided to put money toward getting the new cases. The Kingwood Pharmacy, now closed down, also helped pay for the cases, earning roughly $1000, then splitting $300 with the school alumni.

On October 7th, homecoming day, seven trophy cases were delivered to Central High School and set up in the hallways.

“I am very delighted and thankful that the alumni and the pharmacy were able to help out, we have been able to put our newest and some of our oldest trophies in the cases throughout the hallways. I usually just go to the meetings and give them good reports about our school, but we just had to have something to display honorably what our school has won,” Mr. King recites

For now, we do not have any plans to get more trophy cases, though if Central keeps winning all these trophies, we will then buy more to proudly display our wins and our school spirit.