Teacher Spotlight: Mrs. Dobbs Continues to Enlighten Students Through German and Latin

TEACHER SPOTLIGHT:  MRS. DOBBS CONTINUES TO ENLIGHTEN STUDENTS   THROUGH GERMAN AND LATIN -- Mrs. Dobbs teaches hard-working students.

Eleanor Simmons

TEACHER SPOTLIGHT: MRS. DOBBS CONTINUES TO ENLIGHTEN STUDENTS THROUGH GERMAN AND LATIN — Mrs. Dobbs teaches hard-working students.

Eleanor Simmons, Staff Writer

Mariea Dobbs, whom teaches German and Latin at Central, is loved by many and is a very enthusiastic teacher.

“She is an amazing character always so full of life, ideas, and is always very helpful,” noted Lindsey Williams, a student at Central High School.

“I have always wanted to teach as far back as I remember. I started taking German through high school and continued through college. I took a big interest in the subject and decided that it was something I wanted to embrace and indulge in,” explained Dobbs. “I have always been very sufficient with languages and I always want to learn something new.”

Dobbs is certified to teach Latin, German, and English and she has taught a combination of each over the years. In college,  she was advised by her mentor to take different languages because the subject of her choice is not widely offered at schools.

“It is so wonderful and delightful to teach my students new and different lessons. What makes a lesson my favorite is when I am finished teaching, I can look and see that they actually understand and comprehend what I have taught them,” said Dobbs.

During the summer, Mrs. Dobbs loves to spend time with her adored grandchildren; they either go to different places or just play at her house. She also likes to sew, even though she does not know how to.

“I took German because my brother lived in Germany and I kind of just got it from him. However, Mrs. Dobbs is one of those teachers who engages in almost everything we do, she so helpful and understanding. She takes the time to get to know the students so that we are able to communicate better and have fun with what we do,” shared senior Miranda Lillard.

“When I took her class in my sophomore year I just realized right away that I wanted to take her class again because she is just so sweet and inspiring. If you do not understand something she will take the time to come over and help you one on one, shes creative and overall just a big sweetheart,” concluded Williams.