Central Students ‘Deck The Halls’ This Holiday Season

OH CHRISTMAS TREE, OH CHRISTMAS TREE! — Senior, Rachel Woodward helps decorate and light up the Christmas tree in Central’s front office.

Savannah Smith, Editor-in-Chief

George Matthew Adams once said, “Let us remember that the Christmas heart is a giving heart, a wide open heart that thinks of others first.” Central students are channeling this statement as they spread Christmas cheer this holiday season.  Some student organizations at Central have decided to give back to the community and spread not only Christmas cheer, but Central spirit too!

The lights are going up, the trees are finally being lit, and the sound of Christmas music is in the air. This could only means that Christmas is right around the corner and students at Central are taking full advantage of the holiday joy, including the Central softball team helping at the Forgotten Child Fund, where they pack boxes for children across the Chattanooga area.

“It honestly makes me feel like a good person. When we all come together to help the community and kids who are not as fortunate as we are, it makes me feel like I am making a difference in my community and it is just the right thing to do.” said junior, Amanda Thomas.

Some students are not only spreading their holiday spirit to Central High Schools faculty, in addition to the community. Senior Rachel Woodward made holiday cookies for the whole staff at Central.

“I’ve been doing it ever since elementary school. I just think that teachers don’t get the appreciation that they deserve and I have got to spread some Jesus around the school.” admitted Woodward.

The true meaning of Christmas is not defined by the presents under the tree, but by the things you do for people who are not as fortunate. Today, it seems the Christmas spirit is beginning to diminish, due to advances in technology and new things, but you can make a change.

There are so many ways you can make a difference this holiday season and help brighten someone else’s holiday. We, at the Central Digest, believe that Christmas is that one holiday where you can give back to the community and spend time with loved ones from far and wide. So this year, as you hang your lights with care and deck the halls, remember that Christmas is not defined by prices and fancy technology, but the size of one’s heart and how you can help.

“And he puzzled and puzzled ’till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.” shared the wise author, Dr. Suess