Alumni Spotlight: Emily Seiter Misses the Simple Life of the 80’s.

Now an Emergency Room Nurse in Chatttanooga, Seiter Graduated in 1987.

EMILY SEITER LOOKS BACK AT HER HIGH SCHOOL CAREER -- Being an alumni of Central High School for 29 years , Emily Seiter reminisces about her experience in high school.

EMILY SEITER LOOKS BACK AT HER HIGH SCHOOL CAREER — Being an alumni of Central High School for 29 years , Emily Seiter reminisces about her experience in high school.

Brittney Hoang, Staff Writer

Twenty-nine years after graduating as a part of the Central class of 1987, Mrs. Emily Seiter has become an adoring mother as well as a passionate nurse. Seiter enjoys gardening, cheering on the Tennessee Volunteers, and cruising in Corvettes with her husband, in addition to being a Lenoir City High School football booster mom. Not only is she a supportive mother for her two children, she is also a very ardent nurse.

“I still love nursing! There are so many wonderful things about a nursing career. You make good money. There are many different shifts that you can work and different types of nursing such as: patient care, quality in nursing, teaching, insurance, and administrative nursing. You can also work anywhere in the world as a nurse,” explained Seiter.

Seiter is currently working as a nurse at an emergency room in Chattanooga.

“As a clinical coordinator, I am there to manage and support the staff. I do scheduling, order supplies, help coordinate patient care, and help communicate with other departments throughout the hospital. I also do staff education,” elucidated Seiter.

Seiter attributes a lot of her success in deciding the future of her education to the counselors that helped guide her through her years in highs school.

“Although I don’t miss high school, I do miss being a kid growing up in the 80’s. Life was much simpler,” reminisced Seiter. “My school guidance counselor, Diane Hale, strongly encouraged me to go to college. I am most thankful to her! I feel like I was well prepared for the community college that I attended. I’m also very thankful to the college adviser that pushed me in the direction of nursing school.”

Seiter also added that, after nine years, so much in the education system has changed.

“Most of the kids are still wonderful, but I think the parents and kids that do not take responsibility for their own actions make it harder for teachers and schools,” admitted Seiter. “When I was in school, I never went to school wondering if there would be a shooting at my school that day.”

On a lighter note, Mrs. Emily Seiter embraces the happiness that had come into her life.

“I am happy! I feel that I have a very blessed life with a wonderful husband and two wonderful children. We moved to the Knoxville area almost one year ago, where my daughter is a business student at the University of Tennessee Knoxville, who also attended Central High School, and my son is a freshman in the STEM program at Lenoir City High School,” concluded Seiter enthusiastically.