Athlete Spotlight: Miller Continues to Persevere on the Court

ATHLETE SPOTLIGHT: MILLER CONTINUES TO PERSEVERE ON THE COURT -- Miller stands in front of the Central High gym mural and reminisces about her last season of high school basketball.

Jacob Johns

ATHLETE SPOTLIGHT: MILLER CONTINUES TO PERSEVERE ON THE COURT — Miller stands in front of the Central High gym mural and reminisces about her last season of high school basketball.

Jacob Johns, Business Manager

Miracle Miller, a senior Lady Pounder at Central, has been playing sports for most of her academic career.

“I’ve been playing basketball since the third grade,” shared Miller. “I became interested because my dad played basketball when he was in high school and it made me want to play.”

To every player, there are a set of strengths and weaknesses. Miller believes that she has good strengths, but also some weaknesses that will help her once she improves them.

“My strengths are rebounding and my right side,” elaborated Miller. “I need to improve on my free throws and my left side though.”

Along with a love for playing the sport as a whole, Miller also enjoys the competition with a certain neighboring school.

“I enjoy playing against Tyner because they really come to play,” commented Miller. “It gives us a challenge because they push us and we push back.”

Miracle’s fellow teammate believes that there is a side to Miller that many do not see often.

“On the court she seems mean and displays an attitude,” stated Alivia Smith, a fellow Lady Pounder. “[Miller] is a beast in the post, but she is sweet, funny, and one of the most fearless people I know. She won’t step down to anybody and she will take any challenge that you give her.”

Smith believes that Miller is not only a wonderful player, but brings a certain value to the team.

“The value of having someone like Miracle on our team is having someone who will always push you and make you better,” stated Smith. “Every team needs someone like that.”

If given the opportunity, Miller hopes to play basketball in college at either Austin Peay or Houston Baptist University.