Hot Summer Hits: Which Music Releases Did You Most Enjoy?

MUSIC LOVE -- Sophomore Deshun Coonrod listens to some of his favorite music from this summer.

Jacob Johns

MUSIC LOVE — Sophomore Deshun Coonrod listens to some of his favorite music from this summer.

Jacob Johns, Business Manager

Music plays a big part in the lives of many students here at Central High School, and this summer in particular has been an eventful one in the world of music. New music from artists of every genre was released this summer and some artists who had went off of the radar for a while have made a surprise comeback.

Albums and singles from artists ranging from Britney Spears to Twenty One Pilots have all been released and not only have made an impact on the iTunes and radio charts, but on the students as well.

Currently, ‘Closer’ by The Chainsmokers (feat. Halsey), ‘Heathens’ by Twenty One Pilots, and ‘Treat You Better’ by Shawn Mendes are the three songs sitting at the top of the iTunes Chart and Central High kids are really enjoying these summer tracks, even as school is getting back into session.

“I rather enjoy music from all genres,” stated Chloe Mathis, a sophomore, “I am still listening to ‘Treat You Better’ by Shawn Mendes, his music is amazing. I also enjoy the song ‘Head Over Boots’ by Jon Pardin.”

“I love ‘Heathens’ by Twenty One Pilots,” stated Deshun Coonrod, a sophomore, “I like it because it describes how part of my life goes. I also love the song ‘i hate you i love you’ by gnash. This song describes my feeling towards my first girlfriend.”

Music from all the genres have been blasting through headphones this summer! Students are still listening to the top tracks as the start of the school year gets underway!

Let us know what your favorite summer release song were by tweeting us on Twitter and telling us on all of our other social media and let the music move you!