Ruriteen Club’s Teacher Treat Day Shows Appreciation to Central’s Teachers

THE RURITEEN CLUB PASS OUT TREATS TO CENTRAL TEACHERS -- The ruriteen club members treat Mr. Parsons, an English 10 teacher, to show their appreciation.

Gregory Cantrell

THE RURITEEN CLUB PASS OUT TREATS TO CENTRAL TEACHERS — The ruriteen club members treat Mr. Parsons, an English 10 teacher, to show their appreciation.

Zeena Whayeb, Staff Writer

Central’s Ruriteen Club, derived from the Harrison Ruritan Club, is known for doing service projects throughout the community. For example, the club helps by making signs for the football ticket booth and helping out at the food bank.

On January 27, the Ruriteen Club treated Central’s teachers to a variety of food to show appreciation. Treats included chips, fruits, candy, donuts, cupcakes and different types of juice. The club picked out the treats and Mrs. Brazaelle, the club’s teacher sponsor, purchased them.

“We tried to give back to the teachers,” stated Hannah Holmberg, a senior and a dedicated member to the Ruriteen Club.

The club has been running for a long time and it has held the traditional projects at Central High School, but this year is Mrs. Brazaelle’s first year sponsoring the club.

“The club allows for students to get experience and interact with their community,” explained Holmberg.

There are about 15 students that frequent the meetings, and there is no specific schedule for the meetings. The Ruriteen Club has meetings whenever they need to set up for other projects.

There were no difficulties with the Teacher Treat Day project, except for the matter of getting the treats around to all the teachers.

“I think the Teacher Treat Day is a very nice gesture. It is nice to be appreciated and recognized,” commented Mr. Mallory, an English teacher at Central.

A lot of teachers appreciate the work of the Ruriteen Club.

“It was awesome. I love Teacher Treat Day, it is the highlight of my year!” shared Mrs. Brielle Farrow, a chemistry teacher at Central.