Stacks is Drum Major; Other Central Sound Leaders Announced for ’17 Band

‘Music of Elton John’ to be halftime show

CHATTANOOGA CENTRAL SOUND: A previous photo from the Central Sound as they play. Compare this to next years photos to see if they will change.

CHATTANOOGA CENTRAL SOUND: A previous photo from the Central Sound as they play. Compare this to next year’s photos to see if they will change.

Jacob Johns, Staff Writer

Central High School has many traditions. One of the most honored traditions is the Central Sound of Chattanooga Marching Band.

The band has competed in many competitions and performed in many concerts this year and we are excited to see what is to come for the 2016-17 academic year.

One of the most profound items of the Central Sound, is the halftime performance theme. “The halftime theme is The Best of Elton John,” stated Mr. Josh Bloodworth, Director of Bands at Central.

The band is full of leadership and we are glad to introduce the new leaders for the Central Sound for the 2016-17 school year. “Our Drum Major will be Kymmy Stacks. Along with our Flute Section Leader Miranda Spainhower, Clarinet and Saxophone Leader Josh Sizemore, High Brass Section Leader Joshua Bolton, Low Brass Section Leader Charles Eaton Jr., Drumline Captain Logan Hudgins, Front Ensemble Section Leader Ivan Michael-Llamas, Color Guard Captain Savannah Smith, Color Guard Lieutenant Abigail Johnson, Secretary Meghan Johnson, Librarian Rebekah Pell, and Equipment Manager Jackson Dummer,” stated Bloodworth.

One main question some may be asking is are there any drastic changes coming to the band next year.

“I’m not sure that anything is new to come, per se, for band next year. I tell students that each day we want to try to make something better. So there is always new that when you make it better, but the process is always the same,” commented Bloodworth, “The other idea is that band is supposed to be fun. If you’re not having fun, you’re not doing it right. Johnny Long, famous director of the Troy University Bands, was known to regularly say that band should be spelled F-U-N. I think that’s a good policy.”