Central High School Welcomes Casey McGrath as a New Geometry Teacher

CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL WELCOMES CASEY MCGRATH AS A NEW GEOMETRY TEACHER -- McGrath doing what she loves, teaching geometry to her 4th period class on a Zoom call.

Amber Burchfield

CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL WELCOMES CASEY MCGRATH AS A NEW GEOMETRY TEACHER — McGrath doing what she loves, teaching geometry to her 4th period class on a Zoom call.

Amber Burchfield, Staff Writer

As teachers come and go, the Central family is excited to welcome Casey McGrath as a new geometry teacher. McGrath is located in room B-110. With this year being very different, she is excited to be learning new ways to use today’s technology.

“I think it will definitely be different and challenging in some ways, but I am hoping to learn new ways to teach and help students learn in an online environment,” McGrath shared.

Casey McGrath has loved teaching since she was a little girl. Her second grade teacher was her inspiration to become a a teacher. She claims that as she went through high school she had amazing teachers. This was when she made the decision to become a high school teacher.

McGrath attended Lee University to study mathematics, and she received her Master’s Degree in Education from Vanderbilt University. She has been teaching for three years. McGrath taught at McGavock High School in Nashville before moving to the Chattanooga area.

McGrath loves connecting with her students and creating great bonds. Many students love her class and enjoy her as a teacher.

“McGrath’s class is amazing, she is very sweet, great at teaching, and is quick to help you if you need anything,” shared Sophomore Makayla Moore.

McGrath’s classroom is a great environment in which students are not only able to grow in their understanding of geometry but they are also able to grow and gain confidence in themselves. McGrath enjoys helping her students navigate the difficulties of life.

“I like Ms. McGrath because she really goes over the material well. She wants her students to succeed and comprehend what she is teaching. She is a very nice and kind person with a big open heart,” stated Sophomore Dylan Brown.

During her years of teaching, McGrath has met many students and learned many life lessons. She continues to grow as a teacher and a friend everyday. McGrath strives to work hard everyday to give her students the best education she can.

McGrath shared the biggest life lesson she has learned from teaching so far.

“I have learned not to take yourself too seriously. No matter how hard you work, things in life are messy and won’t go as planned, so just go with it! Learn from your mistakes and embrace it!” she shared.

McGrath continues to inspire her students in many ways, learning new things everyday along the way.