Cheerleaders Have Already Started Preparing For Next Season

CHEERLEADERS HAVE ALREADY STARTED FOR PREPARING FOR NEXT SEASON -- Some of the cheerleaders are pictured here posing for the new season.

Central Cheerleaders

CHEERLEADERS HAVE ALREADY STARTED FOR PREPARING FOR NEXT SEASON — Some of the cheerleaders are pictured here posing for the new season.

Victoria Dutilly, Staff Writer

The cheerleaders for the new season have been decided! They have already started practicing in order to be prepared for the season. Last season, there were 13 cheerleaders. This season, there are 16. The senior cheerleading captains for next season are Katee Heron and Desireé Delorenzo. The co-captains will be upcoming juniors, Aly Brazier, Cassidy Dummer, Maggie Watts, and Meyah Walker.

Brielle Farrow, Central’s cheerleading coach, shared her passion for cheerleading and her plans for next season.

“It’s my third year coaching; next season will be my fourth. I had really awesome coaches in high school. I want to make a difference in other girls’ lives like mine did,” explained Farrow. “What I love most about cheerleading is how supportive and involved the parents are, and the girls’ school spirit and excitement for games and activities.”

However, Farrow has plans for improvement next season.

“For next season, I want improvement in crowd and student section involvement for all games and sporting events. I also think we should do more community service and help out at the cheerleading clinic for Lil’ Pounders Camp,” she stated thoughtfully.

Katee Heron, a junior, has been cheerleading for seven years.

“My jobs as a captain are to decide which cheers to do, call the cheers, make important decisions, and make sure the squad is a unit,” recounted Heron. “What I love about cheerleading is working together, and reflecting good teamwork and sportsmanship. My advice for cheerleaders is don’t doubt yourself, because that’s when you start to mess up. Just believe in what you’re doing.”

The Central Digest wishes good luck for the new cheerleading season!