Review: Earphones, Headphones Provide Options for Music Lovers

CANT YOU HEAR THE MUSIC? -- Students at Central have different preferences on whats the best type of headphones to have.

CANT YOU HEAR THE MUSIC? — Students at Central have different preferences on what’s the best type of headphones to have.

Jacob Johns, Business Manager

A majority of the student body at Central listens to some form of music. Many of which listen to through the miraculous inventions of earphones and headphones. There are many different brands and styles of earphones and headphones that ranges from the quality of sound that they give to the hip style and shape that they have.

We began to ask students at Central what they believe is the best pair of headphones and if they are the bang for your buck.

“I prefer the wireless Beats Solo Headphones because they make listening to music easier.” states Donovan McLeod, a sophomore at Central.

The Beats Solo Headphones are available in six colors and are priced at $169.95 at Wal-Mart and $199.95 on the Apple Store. They may be expensive, but they seem to be a great product to the students!

“I like the Apple EarPods because they have a better speakers and have a clear sound versus most earphones that have a sort of muffled sound.” comments sophomore, Caitlin Wilson.

The Apple EarPods are priced at $29.00 and are available at Wal-Mart, Target, and on the Apple Store. These earphones also come free with the purchase of any iPhone and offer a version that instead of connecting to your headphone jack, connecting into your charger as well! Also, if you are looking for  wireless version of these earphones, Apple is releasing a new wireless version called AirPods that will be released in late October for $159.00 on the Apple Store.

Not only do students have an opinion on headphones, but so do teachers.

“I have had Sennheiser and Beats earphones, but I think Bose have the best sound and quality,” states Mr. Joshua Bloodworth, Director of Bands.

Bose SoundSport earphones are priced at $99.95 and are available from the Bose website along with different designs and styles.