Early Tickets Now on Sale for 2017 Prom

EARLY PROM TICKETS NOW ON SALE FOR 2017 PROM -- Mrs. Contreau sells Brooklyn Smith a prom ticket at the early price of $40.

Jacob Johns

EARLY PROM TICKETS NOW ON SALE FOR 2017 PROM — Mrs. Contreau sells Brooklyn Smith a prom ticket at the early price of $40.

Jacob Johns, Business Manager

High school is known for being the place where many memories are made that students will remember forever. One of these moments is prom. The 2017 Central High School Prom will be held on April 22, 2017 at The Car Barn.

Any large event is difficult to put together with a small group of people.  Mrs. Cotreau is depending on the help of several students, most from the junior class.

“The junior class officers are required to help…any junior that would like to help will be allowed to,” stated Cotreau.

One of the highlights of prom is the special person that a student takes. However, some of those students do not attend Central and may have just graduated. Fortunately, there is a way you can still bring that special someone.

“Any guest that attends another high school but fills  out a guest form when they purchase their ticket and return it with one of their school’s administrator’s signature by April 1,” explained Cotreau. “Anyone who is planning to bring someone that is not in high school anymore, must bring a copy of the front and back of their driver’s license.”

The theme for this year’s prom is still undecided. The Prom Committee is planning to have a meeting one Friday during advisory to discuss it. Once the theme has been decided, it will be announced.

Some students have already purchased their tickets and already have that special someone going.

“I bought the tickets early because they are cheaper,” stated Gracie DeFriese, a senior. “I also already have my date to prom.”

Early prom tickets are currently on sale for $40 and are sold during lunch on Fridays this month. The tickets will rise to $50 in March and $60 in April and will be sold during lunch on Fridays as well.