• Go buy your prom tickets! The last day is Friday, April 21st.
  • Learning labs are available after school.
  • Follow The Central Digest on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Poll

What is your favorite thing about Valentines Day?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

New Change To The Dress Code

Chattanooga Central High School goes from uniform to regular clothes 2023-2024 school year
New Change To The Dress Code

The Dress code for the 2023 – 2024 school year had changed dramatically this year! Last year students were required to wear school uniform, collared tops could be the color: Purple, yellow, black, white, navy, and gray. And bottoms could be the color: black, khaki, navy, or an army green. This year’s dress code is completely different. They have decided to let students get a little bit more freedom this year with what they wear to school. This year’s dress code they have completely taken out school uniforms. Students now get to wear regular shirts like: graphic tees, plain colored shirts. Shirts must not be cropped, tanked, have any graphic or sexual content nor drugs on them or explicit words. And far as the bottom they can wear any colored bottoms and and wear jeans with no rips whole or tears. 

Here is what teacher Mr. Fletcher has to say about the dress code. “Yes I love the new dress code.  I think it gives students a little more freedom of expression, and it frees them up to be more comfortable in the building. What I like about the dress code this year is that it gives students more options. I think it’s pretty flexible and wouldn’t change anything about it” shared Mr.Fletcher.

Here is what some of Central High’s students had to say about the dress code.

“I like the dress code this year because it’s more relaxed than last year. I didn’t really like the dress code last year because we had uniforms last year. I like that we get freedom to wear whatever we want. The type of clothes I wear to school is mainly hoodies and leggings,” said Kirstan Morgan. 

Another student ,Paris Nixson, also shared with us her thoughts and opinions about the dress code. “ I love that we don’t have the same dress code as last year; because we are out of school uniform and I feel more comfortable. I liked the dress code last year because my clothes were easier to find in the mornings.”