• Go buy your prom tickets! The last day is Friday, April 21st.
  • Learning labs are available after school.
  • Follow The Central Digest on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Poll

What is your favorite thing about Valentines Day?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

It is Important to Prepare for College

Opinion Article
Getty Images

Many high school students neglect the opportunity to look forward to their future, fundamentally pushing college opportunities aside. Many students should reach for a college degree to expand their opportunities, to expand their education, and to expand their and life experiences but fall short.

Mason Timmon, a Junior said, “I think planning for college in high school is important because you have time to make sure everything is good.” This highlights his ideas about planning ahead for college and how this could be a benefit.

Many benefits can come out of planning early for college. This may include applying for scholarships or colleges. It also gives students time to select five top colleges they want to visit and set up sending in early applications to said colleges. It gives them the chance to think about what career they want to go into or what they want to major in. This also helps prepare students for leadership roles and expand their responsibility.

Peyton Bowers, a Junior said, “I think it is important because it provides more learning experiences. It also helps you gain a better sense of responsibility.” This highlights why they think college is important and why it should be considered by high school students.

College should be something focussed on in high school for better opportunities in the future, and better choices in colleges that are a potential acceptance.