• Go buy your prom tickets! The last day is Friday, April 21st.
  • Learning labs are available after school.
  • Follow The Central Digest on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Poll

What is your favorite thing about Valentines Day?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Book Zone: What We’re Reading in March

Central students dive into captivating books

Central High School is abuzz with excitement as students embark on literary adventures that transport them to different eras, realms, and personal journeys. From the captivating pages of “The Boarding House” in Dubliners to the spine-chilling encounters with a vengeful ghost in The Girl from the Well, and the transformative experiences in The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, these books are igniting imaginations and fostering a love for reading among the students.

Ronye’s been absorbed in a classic called “The Boarding House” from the collection Dubliners by James Joyce. It’s like they’re time-traveling right into the heart of early 20th-century Dublin through the pages.

Omari is tackling something much spookier. He’s reading The Girl from the Well, a chilling tale about a vengeful spirit from 300 years ago. The ghost hunts kids and there’s this one boy who’s always been able to see her. The boy even gets snatched up and then his cousin too.

Some Central students are flipping through The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian. It’s a raw and eye-opening story about an Indian teen who jumps from a poverty-stricken reservation to a predominantly white school. The move turns his world upside down, from being an outcast to standing up for himself and finding popularity. It’s a journey from one life to another, filled with laughs and real talk.

From historical settings to supernatural encounters and personal transformations, Central High’s students are getting a taste of it all.