Annual JROTC Military Ball is a Success

JROTC MILITARY BALL IS A SUCCESSFUL EVENT -- (left to right) Mr. Finley King, Jake Denton, Autumn Lloyd, and Col. Bill Brooks celebrate 2016 military ball honorary King and Queen.

JROTC MILITARY BALL IS A SUCCESSFUL EVENT — (left to right) Mr. Finley King, Jake Denton, Autumn Lloyd, and Col. Bill Brooks celebrate 2016 military ball honorary King and Queen.

Preston Fore, Staff Writer

Every year, cadets of the Central High School JROTC program meet at the annual Military Ball. This year’s event, similarly to past events, was held on Friday, January 29, at The Mill, which is located in downtown, Chattanooga. Tickets costed $30, and all JROTC cadets were encouraged to attend. This year’s king and queen of the ball were Cadet Lieutenant Colonel Jake Denton and Cadet Major Autumn Lloyd.

“The Military Ball was a success. The planning and hard work payed off, and everyone enjoyed themselves. With this being my last ball, I wanted to make sure everything was perfect,” shared Lloyd.

The opportunity to attend was open to any JROTC cadet and any invited guests.

“Overall, I think the military ball is fun for all cadets and guests. It’s a chance to meet other students from other class periods, and to let loose while having a good time,” stated Denton.

The Military Ball has been going on for several years as a tradition for Central High JROTC cadets. However, there are always improvements that can be made to make the event even better.

“I think the ticket sales should have been lower than the $30 that was charged this year. We want to make this event open to all JROTC students who want to attend. The ticket payment should not be an obstacle,” expressed Lloyd.

In addition to the Military Ball, the JROTC program participates in many other extracurricular activities in and out of school. For example, Cadet Major Lloyd participates on the drill, saber, and raider teams along with being the Battalion Executive Officer.  Cadet Lieutenant Colonel Denton is the Battalion Commander.

The Central Digest congratulates the 2016 JROTC Military ball king and queen, and hopes for greatness in the future with Central High’s JROTC program.