CHRISTINA COTREAU SHOWS OFF HER LOVE FOR BIOLOGY -- Mrs. Cotreau holds on tight to her fake skull while she teaches students about the human body.

Hannah Walker

CHRISTINA COTREAU SHOWS OFF HER LOVE FOR BIOLOGY — Mrs. Cotreau holds on tight to her fake skull while she teaches students about the human body.

Teacher Spotlight: Mrs. Tina Cotreau ‘Always Looks Forward to Teaching’

Mrs. Christina Cotreau has been teaching biology and forensic science for 12 years and she has yet to lose her sparkle.

“Have a sparkling day,” is a phrase used by Cotreau on a daily basis and she applies that philosophy to her own life as well.

“To sum up Mrs. Cotreau in just a few words, it’s easy. ‘Stay Sparkly,'” stated Jake Biddy, a junior at Central High School.

Cotreau has had a love for science, biology in particular, since her own high school biology class with her teacher, Ms. Anita Sandusky, who still continues to teach at Ooltewah High School today.

“I come to work every day because I try to be better each day than I was the day before and I cannot do that if I am not there,” shared Cotreau.

Students enjoy Cotreau’s classes for her sense of humor and passion for teaching. Written on her white board recently were the powerful words “Steps to twerking: 1. Reconsider.”

“I am motivated to come to school each day by my personal ‘OCD-ness’ and irrational belief that my students will miss me too much for me not to come,” she said, jokingly.

“The best thing about teaching is watching students grow and develop as learners and people. It’s nice to see the fruits of your labors,” remarks Cotreau.

Cotreau truly enjoys watching her students grow which goes against the popular idea that all teachers dislike their students just for fun and amusement. She has a way of making you enjoy school while still learning. The posters on her wall and her corny pirate jokes are another thing

Cotreau is very genuine when it comes to her love of teaching. There is nothing fake about her constant joy, exciting, and positive attitude throughout her everyday routine at Central High School.

“The old saying, ‘Find a job you love and you will never work a day in your life’ is mostly true; though teaching is hard work, I enjoy the work, so most days, I look forward to teaching,” claimed Cotreau. Her students never have to worry about not hearing the word “sparkly” at least once during your school week.

As a final remark, Cotreau adds, “If Biology was a person, we would be best friends. We would always be together and wear matching track suits like an old married couple.” If this does not sum up what Mrs. Christina Cotreau is all about, what can?

The Central Digest • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Central Digest Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *