Central High Geometry Teacher, Evelyn Anderson, is also an Accomplished Author

GEOMETRY TEACHER EVELYN ANDERSON LOVES TO WRITE -- One of Andersons books, based on culture and politics, can be purchased on Amazon.

Creighton Anderson and Thornton Parsons

GEOMETRY TEACHER EVELYN ANDERSON LOVES TO WRITE — One of Anderson’s books, based on culture and politics, can be purchased on Amazon.

Victoria Dutilly, Staff Writer

Teaching at Central since 1975, Ms. Evelyn Anderson is more than just your average geometry teacher. She’s a profound writer as well.  In 2011, she became interested in politics and history and began writing children and adult books about the U.S. government, which include history on the United States that many people are not aware of.

“I like to float around different genres of books. I write what I want. My next book is going to be a mystery,” explained Anderson.

Anderson admitted that writing most books takes around two and a half years to complete due to the extensive research that must be conducted. They require many hours of fact-checking to ensure the information is correct. The children’s books do not require as much time spent on the Internet because they do not contain as much factual content.

“What I like about writing is I learn a lot of stuff and I get to share that with other people,” said Anderson.

A book she co-wrote, based on politics and culture, has been available for purchase since early 2013. The other author is Thornton Parsons, who is a high school English teacher in Chattanooga.

There was a lot of controversy when she worked on books about U.S. History, because it included information that was confidential. Companies threatened to arrest Anderson, and publishers refused to publish her story because they believed the story was going to disrupt society due to the book’s content. Publisher after publisher rejected her, and she had no choice but to locate a publisher in Canada. Publishers residing in Canada were elated to accept her story, because they wanted to uncover the private information as well.

Her stories have been very successful and are educating so many people that she even took a summer book tour two years ago. She has published two books and can be found on Amazon, and Barnes and Noble under the name ‘Creighton Anderson. The Central Digest is cheering for Ms. Anderson for her hidden love of writing and cannot wait to see what is in store!