• Book club meeting will be moved to Wed., Jan. 23 in B108. See Ms. White for information.

• Talk to a National Honor Society member Mon., Wed., or Fri. during lunch to donate in support of Erlanger Oncology Jan. 16-31.

School Cafeteria Manager Jennifer McNabb Gives Lunch Food an Upgrade

SCHOOL CAFETERIA MANAGER JENNIFER MCNABB GIVES LUNCH FOOD AN UPGRADE -- Jennifer McNabb serving kids during lunch at the registers.

Marshall Sims

Marshall Sims, Staff Writer

High schools may be notorious for having bad school lunch, but Central High’s new Cafeteria Manager Jennifer McNabb has taken over  to make school lunch more likeable and accepted among the students and staff.

“I run the register every day. I really enjoy talking to all the students,” said McNabb. “We are trying really hard to make the food we prepare here enjoyable to the students and staff.”

The cafeteria staff really seems to appreciate the amount of students they get to feed on a daily basis. They try their best to give each student the lunch they deserve after a hard days work of learning.

“Last year I was at Snowhill Elementary and prior to that I was a restaurant manager for 7 years,” explained McNabb, who has been working in Hamilton County Schools for two years.

She has decided to make changes to school lunch after seeing how many students were displeased with their cafeteria food, prior to this year.

“Most of the items we prepare are pre-determined by school nutrition administrators, but sometimes managers get to choose. I try and pay attention to what the students here enjoy having the most. As far as new food, the BBQ baked potato & cherry blossom chicken are new this year.”

The students have seemed to really enjoy the addition of spicy chicken sandwiches to the a la carte menu as well – which was also her idea.

“I really appreciate how they set out spicy chicken sandwiches during lunch,” mentioned Sophomore Shawn Hudgens. “Sometimes we just don’t like the things we have for lunch, so it’s nice to have a backup plan.”

The way she has already mended the students’ requests to the lunch choices has really impacted how they feel about lunch. McNabb has made high school lunch more enjoyable for both students and staff and will continue to strive for healthy, but delicious meal options that they could all enjoy.

About the Contributor
Marshall Sims, Staff Writer

Hello! My name is Marshall Sims and I am a sophomore! This is my first year on the Digest and I plan to make it count. I am a bit shy, but I am planning to do my best with interviews, photography, and videos. I hope to overcome my fear of conversation and try new things. I want to major in forensic science and plan to go to UTC for two years then go to a college I can get a scholarship for.