2019 Mr. Central Court Nominees are Announced

Matthew Davis

2019 MR. CENTRAL COURT NOMINEES ARE ANNOUNCED — Two candidates, Michael McGhee and Nathen Vanderwilt, show off their school spirit.

Matthew Davis, Assistant Editor

Mr. Central is the most prestigious title that can be achieved at Central High School. Senior students are selected for the court based on their academic achievements, as well as their extracurricular activities. Students then vote between these candidates to decide who they believe will best represent their class and Central as a whole.

For 2019, Michael McGhee, Nathen Vanderbilt, Preston Fore, Jachorri Ray-Finley, and Marquis Robinson were selected to hold positions on the court.

“I feel super-cali-fragi-listic-expi-ali-docious about being on the court. I really enjoy everything about Central, and becoming Mr. Central would be another amazing way to represent my school,” revealed Vanderwilt.

These five young men earned their spots on the court through their achievements while in high school, in and out of the classroom. These students have excellent attendance records, perfect GPAs, and exemplary behavioral records. Coinciding, these candidates also participate in sports and clubs throughout the school, including, but not limited to, football, track, cross-country, Beta Club, National Honors Society, and Fellowship of Christian Athletes.

“I am the Editor-in-Chief of the Central Digest, served as Chair of the Economic and Financial Committee of the Southeastern High School Model United Nations, hold the position of Vice President of National Honors Society, and am an active member of the Beta, Book, Ruri-teen, and Drama Clubs. I have accomplished a lot at Central, but it is ultimately up to the students to pick and I will be happy for whoever wins,” shared Fore.

These candidates will be presented before the student body, except the freshmen class, who will hear speeches about each nominee’s achievements, school involvement, and any other honorable mentions that could help secure them the crown. The student body will then vote on which candidate they believe is most deserving of the impeccable honor.

“Mr. Central is a really big honor that not many people even get the chance to run for. I did not just go to high school for four years, I have embraced Central as my second home and my classmates have become my second family,” expressed McGhee.

Mr. Central for the class of 2019 will be announced at Senior Day, a traditional day meant to honor the graduating class, on May 9.