Dylan Muccino Takes The 2020 Champion Yearbook to New Levels as Editor in Chief

DYLAN MUCCINO TAKES THE 2020 CHAMPION YEARBOOK TO NEW LEVELS AS EDITOR IN CHIEF — Senior Dylan Muccino is pictured helping out a fellow Champion staff member.

Bailey Brantingham

Bailey Brantingham, Head Staff Writer

This year, the Central High School yearbook, The Champion, has emerged with a new class full of bright and intelligent students to run it.

For the 109th edition of The Champion, the yearbook staff has big plans. To top last year’s edition, The Champion Never Dyes, a tie-dye themed yearbook, the staff will have to go above and beyond.

This will be easy, nevertheless, for the yearbook class. Every year they bring a new, vibrant, and exciting yearbook theme to light. They also have many new staff members that will help contribute some new and fresh ideas.

One of the returning veterans, Senior Dylan Muccino, will be taking on the position of editor-in-chief for this edition of The Champion.

“This year, I want to make the yearbook the best it has ever been, since 2020 is a big year for Central,” stated Muccino.

Muccino plans to guide the new, as well as returning, staff of The Champion in designing a yearbook that is bigger and better than any other yearbook published in previous years at Central.

“[Muccino] makes a good editor. He knows exactly what he’s doing, and it helps all of us new students in here understand what we have to do better,” shared Junior Morgan Watts, a new Champion staff member.

Currently, Muccino and the staff, guided by Central’s U.S. History teacher, Shawn Seals, are planning and drafting ideas for themes as well as inserts for the yearbook. The theme for the 2019-2020 edition of The Champion has yet to be decided.

“This year, as editor, I want to get a lot of pictures that capture the personalities of the students here at Central,” said Muccino.

The staff is trying to center the yearbook around the people who make it: the students. They plan to include more pictures that not only show the more serious, academic sides of the students at Central, but they also want to include images portraying the goofy and lovable sides of the students.

Speaking of including the students, this year, the yearbook staff plans to open Balfour image share. This is a website where students have the opportunity to submit their own photos of the things that go on at Central. Some of the photos even have a chance of being selected to be featured in the yearbook.

This year’s edition will be available for purchase in April starting at a price of around $80.

As years come and go at Central High, the one thing that documents students’ memorable years is The Champion yearbook. The creative and diligent 2019-2020 Champion staff members hope to ensure these memories are well preserved, and that they will continue to be captured by future staff.