The Fellowship of Christian Athletes Invites Duvall Young as Guest Speaker

THE FELLOWSHIP OF CHRISTIAN ATHLETES INVITES  DUVALL YOUNG AS GUEST SPEAKER -- Guest speaker Duvall Young speaks to FCA students about how to avoid falling into various traps they may encounter as young adults.

Donated to the Central Digest

THE FELLOWSHIP OF CHRISTIAN ATHLETES INVITES DUVALL YOUNG AS GUEST SPEAKER — Guest speaker Duvall Young speaks to FCA students about how to avoid falling into various traps they may encounter as young adults.

Danae Wnuk, Staff Writer

The Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) is a student led club that meets every Friday before school. Students will either play games, share devotionals based on scriptures from the Bible, share testimonies, or recite their favorite Bible verses. They also do service projects and minister to sports teams and coaches. The FCA is dedicated to creating a close-knit community, learning from one another, strengthening their faith, and sharing their message of Christianity with the school. This may sometimes include having a guest speaker talk to students about faith.

On Friday, November 8, the Fellowship of Christian Athletes invited a guest speaker to come and present. Duvall Young willingly agreed to share his message with the students. He discussed with the FCA members the various traps that hold them back from their education and future.

A couple of things he labeled as traps were superficial relationships and letting one’s self fall under the influence of substance abuse.

Young’s presentation included a concept of Christianity. He explained to the students that the biggest trap is after one dies; he says a person will either be condemned to hell or rewarded with heaven for eternity. He expounded by saying that while hell is the biggest trap one might be chained to, they could find salvation in God and be honored with the gift of eternity in heaven. Young also clarified that while one may allow themselves to fall into these traps, God would be able to free them from their chains.

“He was just really encouraging, telling us that there is another way out of these traps and that we don’t have to go through all these things– that during high school we can live a life of freedom,” said one member, Ashley Smith. “I really liked it. He did a really good job and he was very energetic.”