How Edgenuity Classes are Adjusting to the Corona Virus Pandemic

HOW EDGENUITY CLASSES ARE ADJUSTING TO THE CORONA VIRUS PANDEMIC — Online learning has caused Edgenuity students to take a different learning approach.

Donated to the Central Digest

Danae Wnuk, Staff Writer

As the number of weeks have increased in which schools practice social distancing, teachers and students must adjust to the new situation. Many students are taking Edgenuity classes, which is a program designed to help improve learning situations for students who feel the typical public curriculum does not work well for them. Edgenuity is mostly an online class, and, despite the current situation of schools, these classes are able to move forward.

The content is available at all times, depending on student schedules. Instructors for the Edgenuity courses have set certain times at which they are available in relation to Central’s school hours. Instructors have not set times after 2:30pm.

However, James Snyder has opened time from 2:30-3:30pm in which students can receive tutoring on Google Meets. If students need codes for these tutoring sessions they can find codes by emailing Mr. Snyder at snyder_j@hcde.org.

If students are having trouble with their Chromebooks or have any questions about their classes they may contact their instructors who are responsible for their regular classes. Students may also direct any questions to Mr. Snyder through email. Mr. Snyder is also monitoring course attendance, time spent, assessment security, and course completion.

“Whether it was during school as we knew it or now with distance learning, Edgenuity presented opportunities for students to regain and maintain momentum toward graduation,” explained Mr. Snyder. “It still represents this and provides a resource for teachers needing comprehensive, research based content linked to Tennessee State Standards for all credit bearing courses.”