Central Gets Greenlight for 2021 Prom

via Collegedale Foundation

2021 PROM IS A GO — The Ooltewah Commons will host Central’s 2021 prom.

Blake Catlett, Editor

After fear, confusion, and speculation, it appears that the class of 2021 will get to end their high school career with a prom after all. In the senior newsletter sent out by Stacy Alexander, Central’s college and career advisor, on Friday, March 12, it was revealed that Central had an official date, time, and place for a prom this year.

As of now, Central’s prom will take place on May 15 at the Founders’ Hall Pavilion at the Ooltewah Commons. Tickets will cost $30 per person and are being sold from March 17 through April 16. Prom will start at 7:00 p.m. and end at 10:00 p.m.

“With the venue being an indoor/outdoor venue, it will give a chance for people to not be all indoors, and they will have the ability to have distance easier,” explained Alexander.

Several changes are coming with this year’s prom. Many COVID-19 restrictions are being put in place to guarantee that attendees will be as safe as possible. This includes required face coverings, pre-packaged food and drinks, and requiring attendees to vacate the premises as soon as prom as over. Also, prom tickets will only be open to Central seniors; they are allowed to invite non-seniors, but they must also attend Central.

Central is following restrictions and requirements set by Hamilton County. At the time of writing, this includes a limit of 200 people indoors with proper guidelines in place.

“The theme is Enchanted Forest/Into the Woods…the decorations are lovely. The grounds are also pretty, so things will be in bloom and the theme will gel,” said Christina Cotreau, who heads prom organization every year.

The DJ for this year will be Tyler Guidry, a Central alumnus. If students have any song requests, they need to email them to Ms. Cotreau, so she can forward them to Guidry.

It is recommended that those planning to attend prom wait to buy their attire. If there are low ticket sales or if increasing COVID-19 cases interfere with the event, prom may end up cancelled once again.

“Overall, prom will be what the seniors make it.  I hope it will be a beautiful ending to this crazy year with good music, good snacks, and a good atmosphere,” concluded Stacy Alexander.

This prom will be perfect for seniors to cap off high school and this COVID-filled year. Seniors, do not forget to purchase your tickets by April 16. Make the most of your final high school event!