ASVAB Testing For Central High School Juniors Reports on Potential Career Paths

ASVAB TESTING FOR CENTRAL HIGH JUNIORS– The ASVAB test helps students determine a career path.

Chloee Cannon, Staff Writer

The ASVAB or Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery test measures students’ strengths, weaknesses, and potential for success in verbal, math, science and technical, and spatial domains. Sections of scores on the test are different based upon whether you have a high school diploma. The ASVAB test was developed and maintained by the Department of Defense. The test results take about a week or more to come back. If the score you get is not what you wanted you can retake the test but you would have to wait an entire calendar month to be able to.

All of the Junior students here at Central High School took the test last Wednesday, October 20. Junior Mckayla Hadland was one of those students. Hadland was anxious about how she would do on the test, although after the test, she felt relieved. She stated how the test was fairly easy, but in certain subjects, she did struggle. Hadland remarked that she is hesitant about decisions; therefore, at times, the questions seemed hard.

“I believe the test will help me in the future, I am unsure of what path I want to take, and the test can take me in the right direction,”  stated Hadland.

Another Junior here at Central High, Rhyanna Tipton, was confident about the test but at times felt uncertain about her answers. For example, Tipton mentioned that some sections on the test talked about topics she has no abundance of knowledge in.

“The test was fairly easy to me, I expected it to be challenging at times, but overall I feel confident about my answers,” exclaimed Tipton.