November 15 is FAFSA Night at Central

https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa

NOVEMBER 15 IS FAFSA NIGHT AT CENTRAL — All Seniors in high school are encouraged to fill out the FAFSA to see what aide they might be able to receive.

Kendra Jones, Staff Writer

Tonight at Central between 5:30 and 7:30, Seniors and their parents will have the opportunity to complete their Free Application for Federal Student Aid form (FAFSA).

FAFSA Night is designed to help families with completing their FAFSAs. The FAFSA application can be difficult if you are not familiar with what they are wanting to know,” stated Central College Advisor, Stacy Alexander. 

Eric Farmer, with Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC), will be at Central tonight to assist families.  He will be available to answer questions and help navigate through the application. Students and their parents must bring their chromebook as well as their 2020 tax return information. 

A TN Promise meeting was supposed to be held this Thursday afternoon, but due to Covid-19 restrictions the meeting was changed into an online webinar. 

“There was supposed to be a TN Promise meeting this week in the cafeteria, but due to COVID, the mandatory meeting that students need to attend will once again be online,” Alexander explained. 

Each student will be required to log into their TN Achieves account and watch the webinar. They will enter their name, and after completing the webinar, those names will be sent to administration. To stay eligible for TN Promise funds, students must watch the webinar before February 1, 2022. 

“The TN Promise allows students to earn two free years of college at a local community college and select universities. The TN Promise is a great way for you to earn college credits without paying out of pocket, especially when taking general education requirements. The TN Promise webinar is required so students are aware of the requirements to stay eligible for the TN Promise,” stated Central Counselor, Shea Vetterick.