Hash is Student Teacher Working With Computer Applications Classes

Alyssia Crowe

HASH IS STUDENT TEACHER WORKING WITH COMPUTER APPLICATIONS CLASSES — Ms. Savanna Hash is working with Mrs. Holly Ware’s Computer Applications class this semester as a student teacher.

Alyssia Crowe, Staff Writer

This semester Mrs. Holly Ware has a new student teacher helping her teach the Computer Applications class. Ms. Savanna Hash hopes to change the student experience in the classroom while getting help and feedback from Ware.

“Before I decided to become a teacher, I was an event coordinator,” Hash explained. “Because of COVID, I could not have any more events so I took a step back and looked at life to decide where I wanted to go.”

The result of that self-search was teaching.

“I had always enjoyed working with the youth and I really enjoy learning,” she said. “I believe that in America and especially in Chattanooga, some of us have lost a love for learning and it is my dream to re-spark that love for learning in the younger generations.”

Hash explained that she chose to come to Central High School out of all the other schools in Hamilton County because she felt like she fit in better with the students and staff members here.

“It’s been a challenging but rewarding experience,” she said.

It’s been a challenging but rewarding experience. 

— Ms. Savanna Hash, student teacher

Hash’s experiences at Central have been surprising. Before teaching at Central she taught middle school students and  thought that she would not like teaching high school students. She believed that she would not like high school students because they were older and would be harder to mold. This view changed.
“I have enjoyed teaching high school students more because of the conversations and the realness they were able to connect to because they’re older,” she said.

Ware could not be more excited to have shared this time with Hash and to have her work with her at Central.
“Having Ms. Hash in the classroom has been truly a great experience,” Ware shared.

Hash said that her favorite part about teaching was when she could see a student get excited about learning, or when they feel accomplished and she helped them realize that they can accomplish their own goals.