Positivity Club Introduces New System for Teacher of the Month Voting

POSITIVITY+CLUB+INTRODUCES+NEW+SYSTEM+FOR+TEACHER+OF+THE+MONTH+VOTING+--+These+are+the+posters+you+will+find+around+the+school+with+a+QR+code+to+scan+to+vote+for+Teacher+of+the+Month.+

Alyssia Crowe

POSITIVITY CLUB INTRODUCES NEW SYSTEM FOR TEACHER OF THE MONTH VOTING — These are the posters you will find around the school with a QR code to scan to vote for Teacher of the Month.

Alyssia Crowe, Staff Writer

At the start of semester two with the help of Mrs. Broussard and the positivity club comes a new way to vote for Teacher of the Month.
The new way to vote for teacher of the month can be found on a google form made by Mrs. Broussard. Students can access this doc through a link or QR codes that she will put on posters to place around the school.

The new way to vote is no longer limited to just students but available for anyone who wants to vote. When you vote you have to put why you think that teacher deserves this vote and what you appreciate about them. And when the response is sent in Mrs. Broussard turns that information into a letter.

Mrs. Broussard made it clear that she wanted to print what the students or others said about that teacher in a letter format so that she can deliver those letters to whoever they are for.

When voting for teacher of the month how many times you can vote is now unlimited and you can vote as many times as you want to vote. because she believes that hearing from your students or other staff about why they deserve this award is more important than just getting the award certificate.

Votes will be collected by a spreadsheet where Mrs. Broussard can look at all the data and see which teacher has the most votes. Along this line, she also claimed that she did not know what to do as of right now about multiple teachers having an equal number of votes.

At the last school, Mrs. Broussard worked at that was how they did votes for teacher of the month and she claimed that she really enjoyed receiving and reading those letters. When she went to talk to Greg Vital about her idea for teacher of the month Greg asked her if she wanted to do it and then she went to ask Mr. Iannarone if it was ok for her to do this.

Mrs. Broussard believes that other teachers and staff do not get to hear about what a great job they are doing, and believes that the new voting system will change that fact. She hopes that teachers will share the google form with their students on their canvas courses and that students will want to fill it out.