The 2022 Mr. Central Court Announced

THE+2022+MR.+CENTRAL+CANDIDATES+ANNOUNCED+--++Mr.+Central+candidates+are+%28top+row%29+Michael+Watson%2C+Ozzy+Paulus%2C+Tyler+Sanders%2C+%28bottom+row%29+Jack+Graham%2C+Zane+Ferrying%2C+and+Luke+Keown.+

Karleigh Schwarzl

THE 2022 MR. CENTRAL CANDIDATES ANNOUNCED — Mr. Central candidates are (top row) Michael Watson, Ozzy Paulus, Tyler Sanders, (bottom row) Jack Graham, Zane Ferrying, and Luke Keown.

Carson Simms, Staff Writer

The evening of May 13 is a special night for all of Central High School. During Senior Night, Mr. Phil Iannarone, our principal, will be announcing the recipients of the prestigious Mr. and Miss Central titles for the class of 2022. This is a very exciting event with 12 seniors being nominated, 6 girls and 6 boys.

The nominees for Mr. Central include:

Zane Ferrying

Zane Ferrying, son of Marci Alicea and Benny Alicea, is a member of JROTC Raiders, JROTC Rifle team, JROTC Drill team, JROTC Academics, JROTC Color Guard, cross country, Beta Club, and National Honor Society.

Zane has a 4.0 G.P.A. and plans on attending college at either the United States Military Academy, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, or the University of Tennessee at Knoxville to earn a degree in Nuclear Engineering.

What is one memory from high school you will always remember?

“One memory I will remember after high school was being able to go to the JCLC summer camp held by the JROTC program my freshmen year. It was a whole new experience where I got to interact with others who share my interest and participate in many activities that most would not have the chance to.”

Jack Graham

Jack Graham, son of Kellie Jones and Andrew Graham, is a member of JROTC academics team, JROTC Raiders, Beta Club,
National Honor Society, and also the cross country team. 

Graham has a 3.8 G.P.A. and is hoping to get into the Air Force Academy. Graham also hopes to get a degree in mechanical engineering.

What is one memory from high school you will always remember ?

I will remember all the teachers that made an impact on my life.”

Luke Keown

Luke Keown, son of Darren and Belinda Keown is a Beta Club, National Honor

Society member, and a baseball player for Central’s baseball team. Keown is also a part of the Superintendent’s Student Advisory Council, the Hamilton County Youth Summit, and The Central Digest staff.

His plans for the future are to attend college, earn a degree, and become a high school English teacher.

His current G.P.A. is 3.85

I will always remember hitting my first homerun versus CSAS my senior year.”

Ozzy Paulus

Ozzy Paulus, son of Nichole McIntire and Brandon McIntire, is a part of the Beta Club and National
Honor Society, and also is a part of Central YoungLife.

Paulus has a G.P.A. of 3.8 and wants to attend college and major in aerospace engineering and be able to enter the field working with airliners.

“One memory I will always have is about my favorite teacher Mr. Kribs I had him freshman and junior year. Anytime I went to his class was a fun time. I think the most memorable thing was when he would blast his rock music through C-pod.”

Tyler Sanders

Tyler Sanders, the son of Tiffany and Reginald Sanders, describes himself as a student who loves to hang out with his friends, play video games, and work out in his free time.

Sanders has a 3.6 G.P.A. and plans to become a physical therapist or engineer. 

“I’ll always remember the experience our senior class transforming the school to build a higher standard or a new standard for younger students to achieve and pass for years to come.”

Michael Watson

Michael Watson, son of Ron and Darla Watson, is a part of Beta Club and the Highland Park Boys & Girls Club. Watson also played football and basketball and ran track.

Watson has a G.P.A. of 3.42 and plans to continue his academic and athletic career at the University Of the Cumberlands in Kentucky. He plans to major in Business Management.

“I’ll always remember signing in front of the school; it was just amazing. As a team, we changed the culture of Central football forever. That moment was more than a moment —  it was special.”