Central’s Influencer Club Hosts School Wide Clothing Drive

CENTRALS+INFLUENCER+CLUB+HOSTS+SCHOOL+WIDE+CLOTHING+DRIVE+--+Donation+bins+located+in+the+front+of+the+building%2C+donated+by+the+Samaritan+Center.+

Meryl Turner

CENTRAL’S INFLUENCER CLUB HOSTS SCHOOL WIDE CLOTHING DRIVE — Donation bins located in the front of the building, donated by the Samaritan Center.

Meryl Turner, Columnist

The transition of the seasons from Autumn to Winter has begun, motivating Central students to spread holiday cheer. Central’s very own Influencer Club has stepped up by organizing a school wide clothing drive to help those in need this holiday season.

“Some of my favorite things about the Influencer Club are that it is really student-led and the group is very open to ideas to help our school and the students out,” shared Sydney Woodward, a senior member of the Influencer Club.

Along with the clothing drive, the Influencer Club has also organized a clean-up day in Central’s gym, worked to improve the ‘Caught Being Good Program’, and has started ‘Music Fridays’ in the cafeteria. For the clothing drive members decorated barrels provided by The Samaritan Center which were placed by C and D-pods. From October 31 until December 2, students are encouraged to provide donations to benefit people in our community. People can give blankets or any gently used clothing such as jackets, pants, gloves, as well as socks and underwear, but they must be brand-new to be accepted for donation.

“We’re not one hundred percent sure yet as far as what organization we’re going to donate the clothing to. We’ve been working with social workers to try to figure out what the best location is,” explained head of the Influencer Club, Dean of Students, and Basketball coach Kantonio Davis.

The Influencer Club is considering donating the items to The Samaritan Center, as a thank-you for the barrels and the many other donations that they have provided for Central High School. The clothing drive is a way to encourage Central students to be thankful for what they have and share it with members of their community.

Davis explains, “A lot of us have stuff that we don’t need, and that provides a great opportunity to get rid of them and help someone in need .”