Central High Students Reveal Who and What They Are Thankful For

CENTRAL STUDENTS REVEAL WHAT THEY ARE THANKFUL FOR -- A traditional thanksgiving meal is pictured above.

Google Images

CENTRAL STUDENTS REVEAL WHAT THEY ARE THANKFUL FOR — A traditional thanksgiving meal is pictured above.

Brittney Hoang and DayOnna Carson, Staff Writers

Central High School has a lot to be thankful for this year. These are some of the things that Central students have expressed to the Central Digest to be important to them:

Seniors:

“I am thankful for Rocky Road Ice Cream.” –Ester Ryabchuk, Senior

“I am thankful for the cold weather.” –Emily Feist, Senior

“I am thankful for cheeseburgers.” –Nicki Greene, Senior

“I am thankful for music.” –Lucas Sanchez, Senior

“I am thankful for having food.” –D’Andre Anderson, Senior

“I am thankful for the internet because I have quick, easy, and convenient access to the whole world basically.” –Austin Rozenweig, Senior

“I am thankful for my car because it gets me where I need to go fast.” –Charles Eaton, Senior

“I am thankful for my pets because they give me something to cuddle with and keep me happy when I’m sad.” — Courtney Dearing, Senior

Juniors:

“I am thankful for the ability for me to own things and have freedoms that people in less fortunate countries can’t.” –John Britt, Junior

“I am thankful for the good teacher that we have, like Mr. Robinson.” –Noah Vandermolen, Junior

“I am thankful for waking up this morning and food.” –Ashley Thomas, Junior

“I am thankful to live out each day, see my family everyday, and life.” –Jade Hardway, Junior

“I am thankful for the opportunities that I have.” –Hannah Patterson, Junior

“I am thankful for my athletic abilities and my teachers.” –Davey Vagts, Junior

“I am thankful for life and having food on my plate.” –Trinity Gray, Junior

“I am thankful for being able to wake up everyday and do things that I love.” –Brett Abshire, Junior

“I am thankful for and blessed to have all of my basic necessities provided for.” –Madi Blackburn, Junior

“I am thankful for my truck, my boots, and my athletic ability.” –Andrew Bingham, Junior

“I am thankful for both band and technology.” –Hunter Elliot, Junior

Sophomores:

“I am thankful for being able to be born in America where I get to have an education, and I can use it to become someone who can help my family.” –Valeria Mazariegos, Sophomore

“I am thankful that I wake up everyday.” DC Coonrod, Sophomore

“I am thankful for my job and the people I work for.” –Abigail Johnson, Sophomore

” I am thankful for music and God.” Samantha Townsend, Sophomore

“I am thankful for God. He saved me, and without Him I wouldn’t be here.” –Cheyenne Robinson, Sophomore

“I am thankful for modern technology.” –Andrew Greene, Sophomore

” I am thankful for the invention of semi-automatic weapons.” –Matthew Frazier, Sophomore

” I am thankful for the different opportunities that were given to me. I may regret my decisions on it or not, but I am still thankful for them.” –Meg Sabanal, Sophomore

” I am thankful for all of the things my family provides for me on a daily basis, and when they only ask for love in return.” –Jacob Rogers, Sophomore

“I am thankful for video games, my vehicles, and my many electronics.” –Brenden Walters, Sophomore

“I am thankful for my house and everything in it.” –Jacob McClain, Sophomore

Freshmen:

“I’m grateful for my family, life, and friends.” –Jaleesa Smith, Freshman

“I’m fortunate to have my family, and everything I have been given.” –James Ortiz, Freshman

“I am thankful for having a really good family.” –Sam Helmholtz, Freshman

“I am thankful for the cold weather we’re having.” –Caleb Franklin, Freshman

“I’m thankful for food and family— especially my dad.” –Jacob Sylman, Freshman

“I’m thankful for ham because I hate turkey.” –Archie Taylor, Freshman

“I’m thankful for my secure household, a plentiful, respectful family, my life, religion, and a variety of food.” — Indya Padilla, Freshman

“I’m thankful for family, God, and shelter. I’m also grateful to be living with both my mother and father, having a sister that always helps me, and my grandmother’s health.” –Khalia Shepherd, Freshman

“I am thankful for good health, family, and food.” –Cassandra Castillo, Freshman

“I am thankful for my family and friends.” –Tyler Mullins, Freshman

Faculty and Staff:

“I am thankful for Netflix.” –Mr. Duncan Kelley, World History and Leadership

“I am thankful for having a stable job.” –Mr. Matthew Joyner, Geometry

“I am thankful for my job as I spend my time being with the people that I enjoy being with. I get to meet new people everyday.” –Mrs. Terry Rogers, School Secretary

“I am thankful that the Washington Huskies are finally again relevant to college football after many years of struggling.” –Mr. Ryan Mallory, English Nine and Creative Writing

“I am thankful that my children have found satisfying careers.” –Mr. James Snyder, Algebra I

“I am thankful for being able to be at Central High School to meet the needs of students; I look forward to it.” –Mrs. Karen Atkins, Ninth Grade Couselor

“I am thankful for the people who have not abandoned the details.” –Mrs. Sally White, English Ten and Theater Arts

“I am thankful for Ikea as it is very affordable and awesomely stylish.” –Ms. Danielle Hooper, Gifted

” I am thankful for the good music that is out there.” –Mr. Kevin Parsons, English Ten and Theater Arts

“I am thankful that I have wonderful students.” — Mrs. Tina Staton, Psychology and Sociology

“I am thankful for The Walking Dead, turkey, and my ability to cook.” –Mr. Christopher Kribs, World History and Geography

The Central community has shown much appreciation for the smallest details in life in addition to their families and friends in order to live each day to their fullest. On a heavier note, the Central Community offers their condolences to the families of those in the  unfortunate bus tragedy that occurred earlier this week as families, friends, students, and teachers try to recover from this devastating and scarring event. Not only has this brought communities closer as they face tragedy together, this has tightened the bonds between teachers and students. The Central Community will be praying for the families of the victims as families recuperate.