Central’s Students Create New Year’s Resolutions for 2017

CENTRALS STUDENTS CREATE NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS FOR 2017 -- Students reveal their hopes and goals for the upcoming new year.

Google Images

CENTRAL’S STUDENTS CREATE NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS FOR 2017 — Students reveal their hopes and goals for the upcoming new year.

DayOnna Carson, Staff Writer

The students and faculty here at Central have decided to commit to various goals in the upcoming year. Most of our school population’s resolves are common, such as getting higher grades, having fun, and being a more outgoing individual. On the flip side, some students decided to commit to something different this year, like dressing a certain way, or quitting strange habits such as dancing in public.

Seniors:

“My resolutions for the new year are to graduate and get accepted into college.” — Keyona Swoopes, senior.

“My goals for this year are to graduate, apply for my own job, and get an apartment.” — Jerome Butler, senior.

“This year I just want to be a better person in general.” — Miranda Lillard, senior.

“My New Year’s resolution is to be someone that other people would look up to.” — Emily Brandon, senior.

“My resolution is to fix my Corvette.” — Thomas Hutto, senior.

Juniors:

“My New Year’s resolution is to not let people walk over me anymore, and earn more money.” — Jaylen Wilcoxson, junior.

“My New Year’s resolution is to stop stuttering.” Leonard Burrows, junior.

“My New Year’s resolution is to advance in life. I don’t do anything much besides spending time in my room, so I feel like I should do something with my life.” — Alvin Smith, junior.

“My New Year’s resolution is to play the baritone.” — Demeche Higginbotham, junior.

“My New Year’s resolution is to improve my concentration and mental skills.” — McKenzie Lane, junior.

Sophomores:

“My New Years resolution is to care less about what people say.” — Destiny McCoy, sophomore.

“In 2017, I want to make sure that I don’t have any fake friends.” — Jachorri Ray, sophomore.

“This year I want to be a bit nicer.” — Aly Brazier, sophomore.

“My New Year’s resolution is to make the most of 2017.” — Jesse White, sophomore.

“My New Year’s resolution is to change my attitude.” — Britnee Fitch, sophomore.

“My New Year’s Resolution is to be able to learn and understand music and music theory better than last year.” — Carson Bierworth, sophmore.

“My New Year’s Resolution is to break 18 minutes in Cross Country.” — Nathen Vander Wilt, sophomore.

“My New Year’s resolution is to get taller.” — Ivan Michel, sophomore.

Freshmen:

“I want to be more confident in the choices I make because I’m stuck between two potential careers.” — Bileah Sit, freshman.

“I’m going to try to stop screaming at Mc Donald’s employees about their broken ice cream machine. I’m also going to stop getting too much bread and lettuce when there’s a storm, and refrain from dancing to funky music in the supermarket.” — Jaheim Williams, freshman.

“My resolutions are to read the whole Bible from front to back and get better at basketball by playing it more.” — Indya Padilla, freshman.

“This year I want to work out more so I can grow and get taller.” — Tyler Mullins, freshman.

“My New Year’s resolution is to improve my driving skills.” — Cassandra Castillo, freshman.

“My New Year’s Resolution is to get buff over the summer.” — Jacob Sylman, freshman.

“I want to travel more in 2017.” — Jaleesa Smith, freshman.

“My New Year’s resolutions are to get fit, become famous, and get tan.” — Brandon Henderson, freshman.

“My New Year’s resolution is to not be ashy.” — Janai Blakemore, freshman.

“My New Year’s resolution is to dress more like a girl than a boy.” — Jaida Parks, freshman.

“My New Year’s resolution is to not curse.” — Archie Taylor, freshman.

“My New Year’s resolution is to control my anxiety.” — Jasmine Ball, freshman.

“My New Year’s resolution is to experiment with painting more.” — Danae Wnuk, freshman.

“My New Year’s resolution is to get better at football.” — Jacob Dearing, freshman.

Faculty:

“My main goal for the new year is to be a better follower of Christ.” — Mrs. LeeAnn Shurette, Wellness instructor and softball coach.

“My New Year’s resolution is to stay out of prison.” — Mr. Christopher Kribs, World History and Geography teacher.

“My New Year’s resolution is to meet new people.” — Mr. Matt Joyner, Geometry teacher.

“My New Year’s resolution is to get better at what I do.” — Mr. Jose Sanchez, Spanish II and III teacher.