• There is a sign-up sheet in the front office for any students wishing to join the Ruri-teen club

• Fall Pictures have been rescheduled to Monday, October 22.

• There will be a mandatory Skills USA meeting before school on Friday, September 21

• Senior fees are due by Friday, September 28.

‘Fall’ing Out of Summer

DISPLAY OF FALL LEAVES -- An array of recently fallen leaves.

Haylee Smith

Madi Blackburn, Staff Writer

The first official day of fall is September 22, but that has not stopped the early spread of fall fever for students and teachers alike that has come with the recent cool weather. Unfortunately, it looks like this fall-inspired weather is going to depart for the next little while.

“When the weather was cooler, I was like ‘Yay fall!’ But then it got hotter and I was sad. Fall is my favorite season, summer is not,” senior Lindsay Williams declared.

Other students feel the same way about this indecisive weather.

“It makes me angry that we had a week of cold and now the weather’s going back to hot,” senior Avery McDonald agreed.

Kathleen Cimino also shared her opinion on the weather.

“I don’t like it; it makes my migraines flare up…I have bad joints and the temperature changes make them hurt,” she explained.

Although we cannot change the way the weather is right now, we can still look forward to everything that fall brings.

“I love Halloween; my neighborhood takes it very seriously. Everybody dresses up, and we decorate for Halloween as much as we do for Christmas,” Ms. Sally White revealed.

Colder, crisper weather is a common favorite aspect of fall, but other things come to mind as well.

“I think of warm tea and sweaters. I love to layer up and read a new book, sometimes outside. Or go downtown, get coffee, and walk around,” McDonald expressed.

“I like seeing pumpkins on porches,” Ms. White added.

Another thing that comes with fall are unique traditions that each person has.

“We go to Wooden’s Apple House every year and Trey and I eat hot apple pie. We also pick out a pumpkin,” Ms. White described.

“Most of the women on my mom’s side of the family get together and spend a whole day baking with family recipes,” McDonald recalled.

So, whether your fall is filled with old traditions or new ones that you start, try to enjoy the season for what it is.

About the Contributors
Madi Blackburn, Staff Writer
Hi, my name is Madi Blackburn! A little about me: I am a senior here at Central, and this is my first year being a part of the Central Digest! I love reading, painting, playing tennis, and baking. I have not solidified college plans yet, but I hope to do something with art. I know...
Haylee Smith, Columnist
Hello everyone! My name is Haylee Smith, I am a senior, and this is my first year on the Central Digest staff! I love to write stories, play instruments, play soccer, and read! My plans for college are to attend Bryan College to major in Youth Ministry and minor in missions!