Editorial: Central Students and Staff Continue to Show Their School Spirit

WE ARE CENTRAL -- Centrals Cheer Squad gets ready for the Pounder Walk throughout the school to celebrate the football team going to the second round of the TSSAA playoffs.

Jake Johns

WE ARE CENTRAL — Central’s Cheer Squad gets ready for the Pounder Walk throughout the school to celebrate the football team going to the second round of the TSSAA playoffs.

Meghan Duncan, Staff Writer

“School Spirit is the pride in the school you attend, and all the positive things that you want to see about it,” exclaimed history teacher, Chris Kribs.

At Central, we make things available for everyone. From pep rallies to the student talent show, we take pride in being  Central Pounders!

Senior cheerleaders Desiree Delorenzo and Taya Crowder shared their thoughts on how they display their school spirit every day.

“The cheerleaders really help me show my school pride continuously, we support all of our teams as much as possible and we motivate them to do their best,” stated Crowder.

“Loving this school so much is really what influenced me to show so much school spirit, I represent this school and it has always been such a big loving community,” explained Delorenzo.

Central has always been a school that makes everyone feel welcome. We have many sports as well as clubs and organizations. Central holds many events to help students get involved. Not only do we want students involved, but also we like to have the teachers involved as well.

“The teachers at Central have always been involved tremendously, especially if they coach or head a club or school activity. They will always want to take pride in their efforts,” shared Kribs

Sports teams have always influenced most of Central’s school spirit. The students definitely take pride in their efforts every Friday night at football games. The student section grows every year and is full of excitement and joy for the team.

“When you have time invested in the school, you want the school to succeed,” concluded Kribs.