A Sappy Senior Goodbye

A SAPPY SENIOR GOODBYE-- Kaylee York looks back at the Central Digest trip to the CNN Center in Atlanta.

Donated to the Central Digest

A SAPPY SENIOR GOODBYE– Kaylee York looks back at the Central Digest trip to the CNN Center in Atlanta.

Kaylee York, Staff Writer

I remember the first time I walked into Central High School like it was yesterday. I was so scared and nervous to start high school, but I soon learned that that fear was irrational. I thought I knew what high school was like just by watching all the movies about it, but it turns out, high school is nothing like those dumb movies.

From band performances to trips to CNN, high school has been such a great experience! Looking back, I would give anything to be able to go back to freshman year to re-live all the good times I had, (and maybe some of the bad times too, just to learn things that I maybe still don’t know about life).

I cannot believe that I am truly a senior, about to graduate and be out on my own; but before I go, I want to leave a few of my senior staff members with a few words before we all graduate in May.

I am so proud of you guys; all of you. You all have come so far and will do so many amazing things one day. I cannot wait to see what all you guys accomplish! I hope you can say the same for me.

For my underclassmen staff members; keep doing what you’re doing. You guys are so smart and so valuable. You have some big shoes to fill when the seniors leave, but I know you can do it. I am going to miss you all so much, I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

For Mr. Cantrell; thank you so much for helping me grow as a writer, and for being such an amazing teacher. If there’s one teacher that I will always remember from high school, it will definitely be you. Thank you for everything you have done.

Being in journalism has made me grow as a person so much, and has helped me not be afraid to speak out for the things I believe in. Without it, I honestly do not know where I would be today. It is sad to say goodbye, but I know that everything I have ever done in and for this club has been worth it.