Hey, Hay Hay!: Alright, Let’s Pray…

SEE YOU AT THE POLE -- Students gathered around flagpole Wednesday to pray.

Haylee Smith

SEE YOU AT THE POLE — Students gathered around flagpole Wednesday to pray.

Haylee Smith, Columnist

Prayer is the one thing that closely connects a person to God by allowing a conversation between either one or multitudes of people and Him. Every year Christians all throughout the nation gather around the flag pole at their school for that one reason: to pray. This is thanks to the event, See You at the Pole. As a Christian this is one of the most important things that I can be a part of to help out my community. The ability to pray over not just our society, but over our schools and our nation even, is the biggest blessing.

A good number of students showed up last Wednesday to See You at the Pole, as well as some faculty. Among those gathered was our Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) huddle coach, LeeAnne Shurette.

“See you at the Pole to me is a chance for believers, no matter our age to come together and know, ‘For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them,’ Matthew 18:20 ASV,” Shurette stated.

The majority of the prayers were geared towards our community, but other prayers were lifted up as well.

“Some prayed for our nation, others simply for the kids at our school. Others went further and prayed for love for the kids at our school, or for opportunities to talk to kids about who we pray to and why,” shared Alberto Dominguez, FCA leader and senior.

Many might wonder what the overall need is for See You at the Pole, but in the words of another FCA leader and senior, Khadijah Melvin, “Central needs See You at the Pole because it allows for our community to come together as one and not pray just for ourselves but for others as well.”

One thing that this event allows, is for anyone to go and openly talk to God without the fear of persecution. It can be hard to be who you are especially as a teenager. That being said,  I encourage believers to get out there and share the love of Christ and share what God is doing so that people will feel free to be who they are. Do not be afraid about what others will say to you, and pray for them!

Always remember to keep enduring and remember that nothing can separate you from the love of God. “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us,” Romans 8:37 ESV.