• There is a sign-up sheet in the front office for any students wishing to join the Ruri-teen club

• Fall Pictures have been rescheduled to Monday, October 22.

• There will be a mandatory Skills USA meeting before school on Friday, September 21

• Senior fees are due by Friday, September 28.

Hey, Hay Hay!: Just Being Earnest

THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST -- My fellow actors and I perform in Act II of the play.

Preston Fore

Haylee Smith, Columnist

Last weekend the drama club performed The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde. The show was performed in the library and had a huge turnout both nights!

In the play I took on the character Gwendolen Fairfax, who was a young woman of high society. It was definitely difficult trying to fully adapt into Gwendolen, but by the time the show rolled around I felt more like Gwendolen than I had ever had.

The biggest difficulty with the play was getting the English accent down and memorizing my lines. However, after learning most of my lines, the difficult part became studying the character I was playing. Although it was a hard task, it was the most fun task I had ever been given.

I loved being a part of this performance and being able to share such an a amazing night with as great of a cast and tech crew as we had. The love and support we showed for each other was outstanding, and I could not have done it without them.

The most notable part of the story of how this play came to life at Central is how many set backs we had. There were a lot of unplanned issues that befell the drama club, but fortunately, everyone really stepped up and took charge of what we needed to get done.

A huge shout-out goes to Director Ms. Sally White for assuming the role of a character the night before the play. Due to an unfortunate circumstance, Ms. White had to play my mother in the play, Lady Bracknell. She did an absolutely fantastic job, and it meant so much to everyone that she was so dedicated and loving enough to step in.

I want to thank our incredible tech team. If it were not for our techies, we could not have had any of our props or our stage set up. Each tech member devoted their time to helping out the cast and they really brought the play to life. They even held up the walls to prevent them from falling.

I am going to miss the Central High Drama Club. This has been such a great experience, and I wish the best for my ensemble as I leave. If it were not for my class and my wonderful director, I would not have the passion for theatre that I have today.

About the Contributors
Haylee Smith, Columnist
Hello everyone! My name is Haylee Smith, I am a senior, and this is my first year on the Central Digest staff! I love to write stories, play instruments, play soccer, and read! My plans for college are to attend Bryan College to major in Youth Ministry and minor in missions!
Preston Fore, Editor-in-Chief
Hi! My name is Preston Fore. I am currently a senior at Central, and this year will be my fourth and final year on the Digest; I am very grateful to serve as Editor-in-Chief once again! In my free time I volunteer at the Tennessee Aquarium and serve as the Economic and Financial Chair for...