Teacher Spotlight: Mr. Daniel Hearn Serves as Coach Braswell’s Replacement

TEACHER SPOTLIGHT: MR. DANIEL HEARN SERVES AS COACH BRASWELLS REPLACEMENT -- Mr. Hearn teaches World History and Geography in Portable 3.

Bryson Eddy

TEACHER SPOTLIGHT: MR. DANIEL HEARN SERVES AS COACH BRASWELL’S REPLACEMENT — Mr. Hearn teaches World History and Geography in Portable 3.

Bryson Eddy, Staff Writer

Students and teachers face many changes throughout the school year. At any time, the school can get new faculty members. The most recent teacher to join Central High’s staff is Mr. Daniel Hearn. Hearn is serving as Coach Braswell’s replacement, so he teaches World History and Geography and he will also be one of Central’s football coaches for the 2018-2019 season.

“I was transferred here from East Hamilton. There was an opportunity to get back into coaching after Coach Braswell left,” responded Mr. Hearn.

Hearn has taught history at every school that he has been to, and has gathered up lots of coaching experience throughout his career. In the greater Chattanooga area, he has coached at Hixson High, Lakeview, East Hamilton, and East Ridge.

For anyone, going to a new school brings many challenges. Mr. Hearn, however, stated that everyone at Central has been very accommodating for him, and he appreciates that. He also states that his students have been great in his class, and he feels that they are interested in his lessons.

Students in Hearn’s class are adjusting very well and believe he is a great teacher. Freshman Elianna EvattĀ stated that Hearn helps her class on their note taking skills and he references the book often, so she feels that she gathers more information on the subject matter.

“I like Mr. Hearn’s class. The workload is not very heavy and I feel like he is a good teacher because he has had experience at lots of other schools,” concluded Evatt.