• See you at the pole is Wednesday, September 26 at 6:45 am

• There is a sign-up sheet in the front office for any students wishing to join the Ruri-teen club

• Fall Pictures have been rescheduled to Monday, October 22.

• There will be a mandatory Skills USA meeting before school on Friday, September 21

• Senior fees are due by Friday, September 28.

Central’s Next Top Construction Worker

CENTRAL'S NEXT TOP CONSTRUCTION WORKER -- Columnist Laurelie Holmbeg is scolded by biology teacher, Mr.Fomby.

Celisia Snakenberg

Laurelie Holmberg, Columnist

It’s not Paris, it’s not Dubai, it’s the new hall passes at Central High! Lately, as most of you have noticed, Central has acquired some… interesting new hall passes. The bright orange construction type vests are surely a sight worth modeling for. They make me wonder if students are running errands or fixing potholes!

Each new vest features a wonderful 100% polyester mesh fabric, along with smooth reflective surfaces for those times you need to go to the bathroom in the dark. Each vest also includes a personalized teachers name, perfect for showing love to your favorite staff members! The lovely bright orange color is easy to spot and conveniently Mr. King’s favorite color.

Wearing the vest can be quite tricky. Most students prefer to use one arm, while others decide to go all in and model it like a true vest. Other options include wearing it opposite so you can proudly show off your favorite teacher’s name on your chest or carrying it between your fingers. It should be noted the last option is not recommended by Mr. Lewis or Mr. King as they prefer you to wear it like a true Central Pounder… correctly.

Although the new passes make quite the fashion statement, the reviews from students are mixed.

“Dude I rock it every time I wear it!” said senior Ivan Micheal.

Some students, however, have quickly decided orange is just not their color.

“I just feel like it is really serious for a hall pass, too bright. I think a different version of hall passes would be good, just not the vests,” said an anonymous senior.

Principal Mr.Finley King also commented on the new hall passes.

“I know they aren’t the most fashion forward, but we need them. There has to be a way to identify people in the hallways,” explained King.

In my opinion, the vests are definitely interesting but also kind of odd. Benefits of them include being able to tell students apart from unwelcome guests and knowing where a student is coming from. However, the overall cleanliness and style is debatable.

Either way Central definitely deserves an award for the most interesting hall passes; they are sure to make quite an impression on any visitors. This makes me wonder if we might start finding students by the new track… they have the right uniform to help!

Jumping back to last week, I gave two truths and one lie about myself. The lie was I have a scar on my foot from where I tripped on a toy bat at a birthday party! I actually do have a scar on my foot but I got it from breaking a pool ladder! Which means 2,319 is actually my favorite number and yes, I am afraid of cartoon vampires. Now onto this week’s two truths and one lie…

I once kissed a fish because my dad told me I would catch more if I did

I did not learn how to swim until I was 12

I own and taught myself to play the ukulele

Good luck!

About the Contributors
Laurelie Holmberg, Columnist
Hey everyone! My name is Laurelie Holmberg and this is my first year in the Digest. As the senior columnist, I plan to give all my readers fun and entertaining stories they will love. My personality tends to be a little sassy, but also sweet. I love a good joke and obsessively watch The Office...
Celisia Snakenberg, Sports Writer
Hi! My name is Celisia Snakenberg. This is my second year on the Central Digest. I am a senior, and I am a captain on the girls soccer team this season. My personality is very friendly, but I also tend to be mellow. I will be writing about various sports that we have here at...