• There is a sign-up sheet in the front office for any students wishing to join the Ruri-teen club

• Fall Pictures have been rescheduled to Monday, October 22.

• There will be a mandatory Skills USA meeting before school on Friday, September 21

• Senior fees are due by Friday, September 28.

English Student Teacher, Samantha Lange, Pursues a Career in Teaching

ENGLISH STUDENT TEACHER, SAMANTHA LANGE, PURSUES A CAREER IN TEACHING -- Samantha Lange helps Kevin Parsons, teach the freshmen English class.

Jack Graham

Jack Graham, Staff Writer

Becoming a teacher can be a long and hard process, but many people decide to endure that journey anyway. Much like English student teacher, Samantha Lange, who hopes to become an English teacher in the near future.

She attends the University of Tennessee in Chattanooga where she is working on her degree to become an educator.

“I have been wanting to be a teacher since the seventh grade when my teacher convinced me to be one,” Lange explained.

She has enjoyed her time at Central High School and has learned a lot of from her experience here. The English teacher she is shadowing, Kevin Parsons, has really taught her how to conduct herself in a classroom.

“Mr.Parsons is definitely a good mentor, he has taught me a lot on how to teach a high school class,” Lange elaborated.

So far she has left a good impression on the students, as well as other teachers. Many students believe that she has been a great asset to the class.

“ I like her because she is sweet and she actually interacts with the classroom. She does way more than just sit in the front of the class and watch,” commented freshman, Hailey Alton.

Mentor, Kevin Parsons, can also agree that Lang has been a great help. She has assisted him in many areas in the classroom, which can further help Lange in her career as a teacher.

“She is enthusiastic, as well as energetic in the classroom. I know that she is going to be a great teacher one day,” Parsons acknowledged.

There are still more steps to complete in her journey as a student teacher, but so far she has adjusted well to the school and plans to continue learning. Lange will continue to teach the class in the best ways possible while she  works on her degree with hopes to do well in the future.

About the Contributor
Jack Graham, Staff Writer
Hello, my name is Jack Graham. I am a freshman, and this is my first year on the digest. I like to hang out with my friends outside of school, but I also like to run on the cross country and track teams as well as play soccer! My favorite subjects in school are English,...
1 Comment

One Response to “English Student Teacher, Samantha Lange, Pursues a Career in Teaching”

1. Julie on September 14th, 2018 4:32 pm

Ms Lange is a thoughtful and very respectable lady. She will be an asset to whatever school is lucky enough to hire her!