• There is a sign-up sheet in the front office for any students wishing to join the Ruri-teen club

• Fall Pictures have been rescheduled to Monday, October 22.

• There will be a mandatory Skills USA meeting before school on Friday, September 21

• Senior fees are due by Friday, September 28.

Biology Student Teacher Wolfe Acquires Guidance for Future Career in Educating

SARAH WOLFE IS ON THE ROAD TO SUCCESS -- Wolfe is set on her goal of teaching Biology, but she'll need mentoring from Biology teacher, Cotreau, to teach Biology at her full potential.

DayOnna Carson

Jaheim Williams, Staff Writer

Anyone with set goals knows that there are required steps for reaching those goals. These steps may vary depending on their objective, but each step is key regardless of one’s target. Having an experienced mentor as a guide is a vital component for anyone trying to attain their end mark. This goes into relation with Biology teacher, Christina Cotreau, taking college student, Sarah Wolfe, under her wing as a student teacher.

Sarah Wolfe currently majors in Biology at Southern Adventist University, where she works towards bringing about her ambition of becoming a Biology teacher. Her goal was never just an overnight decision for a career; Biology and science have always been her dream.

“I’ve always loved science and seeing people understand things. They come to realize how cool the world is,” Wolfe expressed.

She has no specific school she would like to teach for, as long as she is able to fulfill the intent that she strives for in teaching Biology.

“I don’t really have any particular schools that I’m looking at. I’m just keeping my options open,” Wolfe stated.

She has shown that she is taking quite the liking towards Central. She’s impressed by our student body and staff, and reveals that she feels welcomed when entering the building.

“I think Central is a great school. I like the students and teachers, they’re all really friendly,” she remarked,”The staff is really friendly and helpful. I have nothing but positive things to say about them.”

Wolfe has shown us that teaching at Central is one of her key steps in accomplishing her goal. Her actions reveal that her guidance from Cotreau is working in her favor. It is here where she will receive the training she needs to becoming a professional at the job she’s always dreamed of.

About the Contributors
Jaheim Williams, Staff Writer
Hello, my name is Jaheim. I am a junior here at Central, and this is my first year being on the Digest. I enjoy helping others and I cannot wait to do so this year.  I am in theater, and I was in choir last year. I am considering becoming a sociologist or a psychologist...
DayOnna Carson, Associate Editor
My name is DayOnna Carson, and this is my third year being a writer for the Central Digest! I love reading and making stories of my own, so I am glad I got the opportunity to be an Assistant Editor for the Digest this year. I was a winner of the Young Southern Writer’s competition...