Student Teacher Shultz Working on Masters in Physical Education

STUDENTS TEACHER SHULTZ WORKING ON MASTERS IN PHYSICAL EDUCATION -- Allie Shultz,, Coach Bloodsaws new student teacher, is motivated to reach her goal of becoming a Physical Education teacher.

DayOnna Carson

STUDENTS TEACHER SHULTZ WORKING ON MASTERS IN PHYSICAL EDUCATION — Allie Shultz,, Coach Bloodsaw’s new student teacher, is motivated to reach her goal of becoming a Physical Education teacher.

Jaheim Williams, Staff Writer

Behind every great master is a great apprentice being trained to soon carry the burning torch passed down to them. This is no different from Central’s own veteran, Coach Gary Bloodsaw, and his determined student teacher, Allie Shultz.

Shultz is a five-year college student, who is inspired toward her goal to one day take on the profession of teaching.

“My degree will be in The Masters of Education for K-12, Health and Education. I’ll would go to any school that’ll get me a job, but I would prefer high school,” Shultz stated.

Her primary objective for her high school teaching career is right here at Central. Shultz has gotten used to the environment at Central and will agree to come back as a real educator after she graduates.

“If Central wants to get me a job, I’ll be cool with it!” Shultz exclaimed.

Allie Shultz has been working with Coach Bloodsaw, Central’s weight training coach, for only three weeks, but has already appreciated what Central has to offer.

“I like Central; I like all the students here. I feel like it’s a really diverse group of kids, so I feel like I get to come and experience a little bit of everybody,” Shultz declared.

Any college student you may be acquainted with is aware of the degrading truth that being an adult is hard. The truth is not stopping Shultz, though. She has her eyes on the prize, and will not give up on achieving her career goal.

“Whenever I was in my undergraduate program at UTC, I decided I wanted to become a teacher, so I  followed in my dad’s footsteps,” she alluded.

Shultz is proud to be a part of Central’s staff, and is eager to learn all that she can from Coach Bloodsaw to reach her target. She sees Central as home and a great working environment where she can use her full potential, so that one day she can be able to teach students all on her own.