• Follow the Central Digest on Facebook and Twitter

Alumni Spotlight: Stephen Barham Prospers as an Attorney

STEPHEN BARHAM PROSPERS AS A COURTROOM ATTORNEY -- Central graduate Stephen Barham still appreciates his fond memories of Central as he practices as a lawyer and helps  maintain the website of his law agency.

Donated to the Central Digest

STEPHEN BARHAM PROSPERS AS A COURTROOM ATTORNEY -- Central graduate Stephen Barham still appreciates his fond memories of Central as he practices as a lawyer and helps maintain the website of his law agency.

Jack Graham and DayOnna Carson

Central High School has produced many successful and remarkable people. This is no exception with Stephen Barham of the graduating class of 1991. He went from studying about his country and its laws from the history classroom to being a part of the court system, and applying America’s laws to clients of his own as a lawyer.

Barham recalled several of his favorite memories from his high school days, and considers them to be some of the most amazing times of his youth.

“My favorite parts about Central were the world studies and America studies [field] trips and the 1990 state championships in wrestling,” Barham expounded.

Barham was very engaged in Central’s school events and was able to participate in many fun activities.

“I had an interesting time at Central. One thing that I have never forgotten was that I got to pretend to be a dead body and be put into a body bag and an ambulance for an anti-drug driving set to encourage people not to do drugs,”  Barham divulged.

He also participated in several of the sports that were offered as well as assisted the other athletic teams during games.

“I played football and wrestling during most of the years and I was on the Model UN team,” Barham revealed.

After graduating from Central in 1991, Barham pursued a law career while attending Emory and Henry College. After years of hard work and determination, he passed the bar test to become an official court room lawyer.

Once he completed his years at college and earned his degree, he joined a law firm called Chambliss Attorneys at Law. He has worked at the law firm for several years and has worked on a variety of cases.

Without a doubt, his high school experiences have inspired him to work hard for what goals he wants to achieve as well as shape him into the just person that he has become.

About the Writers
Jack Graham, Staff Writer

Hello, my name is Jack Graham. I am a freshman, and this is my first year on the digest. I like to hang out with my friends outside of school, but I also...

DayOnna Carson, Associate Editor

My name is DayOnna Carson, and this is my third year being a writer for the Central Digest! I love reading and making stories of my own, so I am glad I...