Alumni Bricks: Leave Your Legacy Written in Stone

ALUMNI BRICKS: LEAVE YOUR LEGACY WRITTEN IN STONE -- Example of engraved bricks available for purchase

ALUMNI BRICKS: LEAVE YOUR LEGACY WRITTEN IN STONE — Example of engraved bricks available for purchase

Kaitlyn Morales, Staff Writer

It takes four years to learn and prepare for your future, that’s 1,460 days or 35,040 hours. That’s a lot of time spent here— now, you can honor that time. Chattanooga Central High alumni can now buy engraved bricks through the Alumni Association. The association plans to put both the money and the bricks to use. The bricks will help repair and add decoration to the school and further help fundraising efforts.  This is a wonderful opportunity to support Central High and leave a monument to your legacy here.

The bricks will be located outside the front entrance, visible to all as the enter the school. The money raised will go to school programs that don’t receive a large amount of funding. An example of this is the Art and Music departments. It also funds scholarships to support seniors that plan on going to college. The Alumni Association raised $30,000 in scholarships for graduating seniors last year. Let’s try to make it even more this year.
Buffy Hoge, President of the Alumni Association explained that, “Students have to pay so many fees in their classes— back in my day, we didn’t have to pay anything.”
The Alumni Association wants to eliminate those fees. In a lot of classes that aren’t core subjects, students often have to pay a fee. Whether it’s for a uniform, equipment, or anything else the school doesn’t fund. Buying one of these bricks will aid in eliminating and reducing these fees. As a bonus, you get to have a lasting physical reminder of your time here.
Installation of the bricks is currently planned for this spring. The prices for them are $65 for a 4″x 8″ and $100 for an 8″x 8″. There is no deadline to buy bricks, so if you want to commemorate your time here, or honor someone you love, please email  president@chattanoogacentralhigh.com or go to chattanoogacentralalumni.com/bricks.