Fall Sports Prepare for Upcoming Seasons During Summer Conditioning

FOOTBALL CONDITIONING BEGINS -- Evan McDaniel, an upcoming sophomore, catches the ball during a drill.

Heather McDaniel

FOOTBALL CONDITIONING BEGINS — Evan McDaniel, an upcoming sophomore, catches the ball during a drill.

Celisia Snakenberg, Staff Writer

Central’s girls’ soccer, volleyball, and football teams will be conditioning during the summer to get ready for their upcoming seasons. The coaches will be working with the players on getting ready and in shape for games when the seasons begin.

“The team will be working hard in the weight room to gain strength and working on other football activities. I hope to see improvement in football knowledge and also in the ‘win’ column next year,” football coach Christopher Kribs shared.

Central’s girls’ soccer head coach, Scott Phillips, expects the team to improve in team work and other necessary skills during the summer as well.

“I want to be ready next year. We are going to condition harder, harder than we ever have before. I want to see improved passing and first touches. The focus on every practice is to get better,” Phillips explained.

Central is also very excited to welcome back former coaches, as well as new ones.

The football and volleyball teams have gotten new coaches for the upcoming seasons. Cortney Braswell was named the new head coach for football and Jeremy Rogers is taking over the volleyball team. Braswell was a student teacher last school year and had such an impact on Central football that he decided to come back and help out the team.

Christopher Kribs coached the East Ridge football team last season, who went undefeated until one of the last games before going to state. Kribs enjoys teaching at Central and decided to help coach football this upcoming season as well. Kribs is excited to be coaching with Braswell and cannot wait to see what they can bring to the table this year. The team is eager to see what changes will be made to Central football;, both on and off the field.

“I think Coach Braswell is a high-energy guy and has a great football mind,” Kribs shared.

Rogers is new to Central this school year and helps in the CDC class, but is incredibly excited to be coaching the volleyball team.

The volleyball, football, and soccer teams will all be working hard this summer in order to be more successful when the upcoming seasons begin. Central High School and The Digest staff can not wait to see how well the teams do next school year!