Lady Pounders Basketball Perseveres Towards Improving

LADY POUNDERS BASKETBALL PERSEVERES TOWARDS IMPROVING -- Lady Pounder Aubree Traylor in a match against the Hixson Lady Wildcats.

Jake Johns

LADY POUNDERS BASKETBALL PERSEVERES TOWARDS IMPROVING — Lady Pounder Aubree Traylor in a match against the Hixson Lady Wildcats.

Matthew Davis, Assisstant Editor

Basketball season is in full swing here at Central, but is not going as planned. For the Lady Pounders, the goal is to win the district tournament.

“We want to win the district tournament, but have been struggling by not executing very well. We have young players, no seniors, so they don’t have much experience. However, they want to get better,” shared Head Coach Rick May.

The team has a dynamic and connection that many teams do not have. Though the team struggles with execution, the players are working hard to make improvements. Fortunately, with practices every evening that there is not a game, the girls are on the right path to fix the problem. With a season record of 3-6, the team shows that they have potential. The girls hope for a record improvement as they continue through the season and perfect their skills.

“Our weakness is that we turn over the ball a lot during games, which is something that is a work in progress. We have to keep in mind all the things we work on and get better from out mistakes,” expressed Kassy Griffith, a freshman basketball player.

Even with a rough record, the girls still stay positive and use their struggles as motivation. Each game shows the girls what is needed at practice to refine their technique for wins in the future.

“It is amazing how we work together and accomplish things, we really work hard and hustle. I was really proud of how we started the season and need to keep it up,” revealed freshman team member Kassy Griffith.

The Lady Pounders’ nail biting season is currently active, so make sure to head out to the next game and support your Lady Pounders.