• Go buy your prom tickets! The last day is Friday, April 21st.
  • Learning labs are available after school.
  • Follow The Central Digest on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Central Girls Basketball Wins First Game of the Season, Dominates Lookout Valley

CENTRAL+GIRLS+BASKETBALL+WINS+FIRST+GAME+OF+SEASON%2C+DOMINATES+LOOKOUT+VALLEY+--+Game+picture+taken+of+Lady+Pounder.+

Amber Burchfield

CENTRAL GIRLS BASKETBALL WINS FIRST GAME OF SEASON, DOMINATES LOOKOUT VALLEY — Game picture taken of Lady Pounder.

Amber Burchfield, Staff Writer

With fall sports seasons ending, it is time for cool weather and high school basketball. With that, the Lady Pounders are back on the court confient, and ready to turn the team’s fortune around.

New coaches Parham and Fair have assembled a youhtful, fresh roster full of promise. The season kicked off on Monday, November 15 as the Lady Pounders traveled Lookout Valley High School.  After a scrappy game, the purple and gold came out on top by a score of 32 to 28.

Junior Rayn Glover stated, “The win was a major confidence boost for the team and myself.”

Coming out of their first regular season game with a tally in the win column was big for the Lady Pounders. Assistant Coach Charles Fair had words of praise for his team:

“Monday’s win [versus Lookout Valley] was a big boost for the team. It helped a lot of the girls want to push and work harder,” Fair explained.

The Lady Pounders prepared in many different ways for the season. The team is looking to have a good outcome, and is hoping to reach many of their goals. Central coaches Parham and Fair are feeling confident about the team and the season so far.

The first-year coach went on to say, “Right now we have a lot to work on… we are just getting back to the basics of the game.”

The following day, Central went on the road yet again to duke it out with the always potent Boyd Buchanan Lady Buccaneers. Hoping to add on to their win streak, the Lady Pounders fought hard but the experienced, cohesive Lady Bucs’ were too much for the Lady Pounders to handle. At the conclusion, the score was 12 to 54 .

“I think this season will go well, we know what we need to work on so it’s only up from here,” shared Glover.

Readers can view the latest sports updates on the sports center page. This is where schedules, scores, and rosters will be posted.