The Central JV Boy’s Basketball Team Secures a Victory Over the Hixson Wildcats

THE CENTRAL JV BOYS BASKETBALL TEAM SECURES A VICTORY OVER THE HIXSON WILDCATS — The Central Pounders are watching and cheering thier team on as they take the lead.

Miracle Strickland, Staff Writer

The Junior Varsity boys basketball team is off to a great start to the new year. By pushing hard the team defeated the Hixson Wildcats. It was a close game but the Central Pounders did not give up. The Pounders’ continued to push their way through the entire game.

The Pounders played at Hixson on January 7 and won by a final score of 39 to 61. Sophomore Drew Williams lead the team with a total of 18 points followed by sophomore Cam Crigger follow with a total point of 10.

Just having a competitive edge,whenever I step on the floor I wanna give it my best every time,” stated Ryan Glover. ” Trying to be aggressive,want to  put the team in a position to win every game. They just wanted it more and you could see it on the floor,” shared by Ryan Glover.

Every time Ryan is on the court he gives it his all as he stated and it shows. By his good defense and ball handling on the court. It really shows that Ryan is in it to win it. 

Later on in the month the team went on to play East Hamilton on January 11, Soddy Daisy on January 14, Red Bank on January 18, and East Ridge on January 21. Though the Pounders did not secure a win they did come close.

“My coaches and teams believe in me and that makes me believe in myself. My favorite thing about my coaches is the trust and bonds that they share with the players, shared Sophomore Bryant Charles.” Our coaches never give up on us and always push us and work with us to achieve our goals and they’ll always be considered family to me” shared Bryant Charles.

The coaches continue to push the Junior Varsity team to not give up and have developed great bonds with the student-athletes. The Pounders did come out on top against Chattanooga Preparatory school, with a final score of 46-44. The Pounders are looking to end their season on the right track as some players will transition from their junior varsity roles to the varsity team. The Pounders have one more game to go on January 28 against the Signal Mountain Eagles.

Readers can view the latest sports updates on the sports center page. This is where schedules, scores, and rosters will be posted. The Digest will continue to bring the latest coverage and updates as the 2022 season progresses.