Central Boys Soccer Has High Hopes for Upcoming Season

CENTRAL+BOYS+SOCCER+HAS+HIGH+HOPES+FOR+UPCOMING+SEASON-+The+2021-2022+Central+boys+soccer+team+practicing+in+preparation+for+the+first+game+on+March+15.++

CENTRAL BOYS SOCCER HAS HIGH HOPES FOR UPCOMING SEASON- The 2021-2022 Central boys soccer team practicing in preparation for the first game on March 15.

Amber Burchfield, Staff Writer

With boys soccer season upon us, the team is preparing with new coach, John Brittingham, to have a strong season. The team has been working hard in preparation for their first match on March 15 against Sequatchie County High School. Coach Brittingham has been coaching girls soccer for the past few years, and is now excited to step into the role of the boys soccer coach for the new season.

“I have a good feeling about this season, and have hopes for a great outcome. I am excited to be coaching boys soccer for the first time at Central,” stated Coach Brittingham.

The Pounders have gone back to the basics and is working on fundamentals to prepare for a strong season. Key players on the team such as senior Demetrio Dominguez and junior Tyson Dean are already feeling great about the start of the new season with Coach Brittingham. Central has also gained a lot of new freshmen, who are also key players to the team. With many new changes, the Pounders are ready to dominate this years soccer season.

Junior Tyson Dean shared, “I feel pretty good about this season, and I am confident that our team will do well this year.”

Central is already confident for their first match March 15 against the Sequatchie County Indians. The team continues to practice hard, and work to win their first match. Coach Brittingham has hopes of winning district, and being a very competitive team this year. The Pounders are already enjoying the new coach, and are ready for a great season for Central.

“I have hopes for the team to be competitive at every game, and play their best. I believe the team could win district this season,” claimed Brittingham.

Readers can view the latest sports updates on theĀ sports center page. This is where schedules, scores, and rosters will be posted. The Digest will continue to bring the latest coverage and updates as the 2022 season progresses.